Running problems - 2006 RR - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 05-12-2014, 3:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

Running problems - 2006 RR

Hi Guys,
Could you please advise me on how to know if my charging system is at fault please.
I have been having some running problems and I have had my stator rewound by a company here in the UK and a newer type of Regulator/Rectifier fitted too. Previous to this I had the battery replaced with a Honda unit.
The Reg/Rec is this type but when purchased it didn't have a separate purple lead to the battery:
http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eelectrexwor ld%2eco%2euk%2f&WD=rr110&PN=RR110%2ehtml%23aRR110# aRR110
I have taken it back to the garage that replaced these parts and they said that things were fine but I still wasn't happy so I took my fairing off to check the phases from the stator and I found this; please see attached photo of the burnt stator connector.
I tried checking the phases using 200 ohms range and each phase read 1 ohm and dropped to 0.9 where the Haynes manual says it should be between 0.1 - 1.0 ohm maximum resistance and when tested between each yellow wire from the back of the burnt connector to the frame I got the reading on the second photo using the same setting on the multimeter, I am unsure if this is bad but to be honest I am not sure what I'm doing although I did follow the helpful YouTube video from Jack at Roadstercycle although I haven't checked with it plugged back in and the engine on.
Jack said it wasn't the stator or reg/rec that burnt the connector but a but instead a bad connection that kept building resistance and started to overheat.

Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated also what connectors I could use that would be better than these.
I have been thinking about using weather proof or metripack connectors although I am unsure how to get the old connectors off and I've been asked for the amp output which I am also unsure of.
My bike is a 2006 Honda CBR1000RR.
Best wishes
Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Stator connector.jpg‎   10297836_10152417384725350_7733979678526234959_n.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page