found motor on ebay - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-13-2014, 4:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 8

found motor on ebay

I found a sc33 motor for my 900rr 1997 CBR the guys screen name is charlie he's an older guy from Illinois I have talked with him twice on phone I really need a motor for my blade I was wonderi. If anyone has done business with him or know someone who has. He has a 900rr motor rebuilt to stock specs he wants 900.00 I pay 150 shipping send him my motor and he sends. Me back rebuilt ? Any opinons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-13-2014, 5:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage
Re: found motor on ebay

$900 for a rebuilt engine sounds good, I see used ones for that all the time. Does he have a business or his he just doing it out of his garage on the side? What recourse will you have if somethings (transmission) is not right? The last engine I bought was from a M/C salvage yard 1hr from my house, I got a 30 day return policy. Went home and installed it that weekend and had no problems. I'm paranoid about buying things like engines on the internet from guys I've never met. I always surf the net for a spare engine for my 954, but not sure I would buy one that I couldn't drive to and pick up. But then again I'm paranoid of most mechanics, even the one's with brick and morter shops I can walk into and talk with. Just my opinion.
BTW, is that Everett, Washington?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #3 of 7 Old 05-13-2014, 5:21 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragecage8966 View Post
I found a sc33 motor for my 900rr 1997 CBR the guys screen name is charlie he's an older guy from Illinois I have talked with him twice on phone I really need a motor for my blade I was wonderi. If anyone has done business with him or know someone who has. He has a 900rr motor rebuilt to stock specs he wants 900.00 I pay 150 shipping send him my motor and he sends. Me back rebuilt ? Any opinons

Seems strange that he won't ship an engine COD?
And stranger still that you have to send your engine first.
And $900 is very cheap for a "rebuilt" engine.
Does he list the parts that are replaced and/or reconditioned?
Does he guarantee the engine?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-13-2014, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

What does his rating say. Usually ebay allows you ask one or two previous buyers a question.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-14-2014, 2:27 AM

Reputation Power: 36

I called and.spoke with charlie before. Was honda factory race tech for years and kawi too i believe.
He wants your motor first to use side covers make sure have a crank for core head etc etc..
Itll be like 1180 bucks by time you pay shipping bothways

but seem legit been doing it for long time.

Rubber side down, One wheel to the sky for those who we won't forget. R.I.P homies miss you.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-14-2014, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 8

Yes he has a 30 day guaranteed with lest if all he replaces he's site show tons and tons of other engines and its a ligetimit shop not a out of garage shop. I was thinking of just going this way instead of having nine rebuilt here I can't seem to find a engine builder in the Seattle an hell even Oregon I live 2 miles north of Seattle I would love to keep I local any ideas
post #7 of 7 Old 05-14-2014, 11:15 AM

Reputation Power: 36

He seems to be very good at what he does. Or else he cant be in business anymore. He been in chicago for long time now.
If i had to do over again. Id still prob build my own motor. It was fun.
But woulda been.nice just to plug and play :-) but couldnt afford 1100+ right then.

If i had the cash i woulda just for the simplicity of it

Rubber side down, One wheel to the sky for those who we won't forget. R.I.P homies miss you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page