Please help 954 won't start cold - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-19-2014, 1:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Please help 954 won't start cold

Hi lads having major issues with my 954 ,the bike will not start in the mornings after being stood over night in cool garage yet when temp rises around 2pm onwards the bike starts no problem. I've read dozens of threads and done loads of connection checks on the bike put on a new battery and plugs are virtually new. Checked angle sensor, ht leads etc . Wrapped the bike in covers, really scratching my head now. There are also no error codes identifying . The bike turns on fuel pump comes on bike starts to crank, won't fire, spark?. Could it be anything to do with wax idle unit..? stripped kill switch and cleaned.

Last edited by 327hol; 05-19-2014 at 1:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-19-2014, 4:09 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Re: Please help 954 won't start cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327hol View Post
Hi lads having major issues with my 954 ,the bike will not start in the mornings after being stood over night in cool garage yet when temp rises around 2pm onwards the bike starts no problem. I've read dozens of threads and done loads of connection checks on the bike put on a new battery and plugs are virtually new. Checked angle sensor, ht leads etc . Wrapped the bike in covers, really scratching my head now. There are also no error codes identifying . The bike turns on fuel pump comes on bike starts to crank, won't fire, spark?. Could it be anything to do with wax idle unit..? stripped kill switch and cleaned.
I had a car, 2001 Honda Civic. It used to do the same thing for months. It would not start cold early mornings and when the day warmed up it would start with no problems. The problem ended up being water in the fuel system. After it was cleaned out, car started with no problems, cold or warm.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-19-2014, 4:11 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:

You do have a manual?
Are the coolant hoses routed through the wax unit?
Prop the tank up, reach the wax unit and manually pull the starter valves open, and press the starter button to see if they're the problem.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-19-2014, 5:16 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for replies. Might empty out all fuel from tank and fill with fresh won't hurt. Yes mate I do have manual and I do think the hoses run through the unit, had a play with the idle last night no joy this morning, I'll try manually like you suggest soon as possible. Went for ride the other evening to see how the bike was running. mechanically sound but for some reason the speedo wasn't working just sat at zero same the distance counter. Wondering if ECU maybe .

Thanks again
post #5 of 6 Old 05-19-2014, 5:17 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Thanks for replies. Might empty out all fuel from tank and fill with fresh won't hurt. Yes mate I do have manual and I do think the hoses run through the unit, had a play with the idle last night no joy this morning, I'll try manually like you suggest soon as possible. Went for ride the other evening to see how the bike was running. mechanically sound but for some reason the speedo wasn't working just sat at zero same the distance counter. Wondering if ECU maybe .

Thanks again

Is the charging system working?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #6 of 6 Old 05-20-2014, 3:57 PM Thread Starter

Yes mate charging system is working. ,last night disconnected air temp sensor from back of air box housing and got the nine flashes , switched off and went to bed . Woke this morning same cold as last three weeks , pressed start switch and the bike sparked idled for two or three seconds and died did this about three times then reconnected the sensor banged the idle up to around 2000 rpm and BINGO away I went. First time in three week in an early cold ish morning. Will repeat tonight.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page