Common Issues - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-14-2014, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Common Issues

I always hear what the good things are on a cbr1000 2005+. I did some research to try and find some common issues or problems with the bike. But I was unable to really find anything. I am hoping to become an owner of one of these this year. But I like to do research and find out what I'm really getting in to. I would greatly appreciate any bad things you can come up with, nothing that is due to owner error but things that are due to design flaw. Maybe something as a dead spot in the RPM's, or the stator going out quickly. Perhaps maybe lag throttle. I would appreciate it if you guys could help me out with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-14-2014, 11:49 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: Common Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theriderisback View Post
I always hear what the good things are on a cbr1000 2005+. I did some research to try and find some common issues or problems with the bike. But I was unable to really find anything. I am hoping to become an owner of one of these this year. But I like to do research and find out what I'm really getting in to. I would greatly appreciate any bad things you can come up with, nothing that is due to owner error but things that are due to design flaw. Maybe something as a dead spot in the RPM's, or the stator going out quickly. Perhaps maybe lag throttle. I would appreciate it if you guys could help me out with this.

Charging system is the major problem with Honda.
Pretty sure there was a recall to replace '04/'05 charging system components with the '06/'07 items.
I've heard stories about the Repsol orange wheel paint not being very good, but really, the '04/'05 is generally a pretty good bike.
Poor maintenance and maltreatment are going to be much more important to how the bike is now than any inherent problems it might have had when it was new.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 3 Old 07-16-2014, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Common Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeracer View Post
Charging system is the major problem with Honda.
Pretty sure there was a recall to replace '04/'05 charging system components with the '06/'07 items.
I've heard stories about the Repsol orange wheel paint not being very good, but really, the '04/'05 is generally a pretty good bike.
Poor maintenance and maltreatment are going to be much more important to how the bike is now than any inherent problems it might have had when it was new.
How would one go about trying to fix that charging problem? Just keep getting a new stator every time it goes out? Or would you need to get one from one of the newer years?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page