led blinker problems in My erion racing 929 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 Old 09-27-2014, 1:05 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-27-2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
led blinker problems in My erion racing 929

I installed LED blinkers front and rear on my 2001 929 and the back ones blink kinda fast and the front ones don't blink but when I use a test light and test the ground wire they start to blink cause I believe it causes some resistance between the test light and the circuit i put a led resistor in line with both ground wires and they started to smoke and melt stuff I was lucky to catch it in time. they were not regular resistors though they were some little metal box's with one wire out each side and were meant to go between the Pos+ and Neg- but it didn't work that way so I connected it inline with each neg blinker and ran a neg wire to the Neg terminal on the battery and the blinkers worked then they started smoking after a few minutes even with the blinkers off and I quickly removed them. so now I'm back to the front blinkers not blinking and the back blinkers flashing fast.. Please Help! so i can get them working!! Will a new led flasher relay solve this or will i need to put a 3-8 ohm resistor inline with the ground side of the lights ?
tjsline is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 33 Old 09-27-2014, 2:30 PM
 
Join Date: 05-16-2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 717
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16
             
Re: led blinker problems in My erion racing 929

Flasher relay is always the best option! If you have the positive and negative wires connected right it will work with a flasher relay.

Last edited by mika_u; 09-28-2014 at 7:27 AM.
mika_u is offline  
post #3 of 33 Old 09-27-2014, 7:36 PM
 
Join Date: 03-18-2014
Location: USA
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                     
Re: led blinker problems in My erion racing 929

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsline View Post
I installed LED blinkers front and rear on my 2001 929 and the back ones blink kinda fast and the front ones don't blink but when I use a test light and test the ground wire they start to blink cause I believe it causes some resistance between the test light and the circuit i put a led resistor in line with both ground wires and they started to smoke and melt stuff I was lucky to catch it in time. they were not regular resistors though they were some little metal box's with one wire out each side and were meant to go between the Pos+ and Neg- but it didn't work that way so I connected it inline with each neg blinker and ran a neg wire to the Neg terminal on the battery and the blinkers worked then they started smoking after a few minutes even with the blinkers off and I quickly removed them. so now I'm back to the front blinkers not blinking and the back blinkers flashing fast.. Please Help! so i can get them working!! Will a new led flasher relay solve this or will i need to put a 3-8 ohm resistor inline with the ground side of the lights ?
Got pics of your bike? Did the leaves turn color yet? Kind of cold up there to go riding now, isn't it?
How did you find this forum, did you google "tech forum with fast weekend answers" and fireblades came up first?
blunt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 33 Old 09-28-2014, 9:31 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-27-2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: led blinker problems in My erion racing 929

The riding up here is still ok not to cold yet. and the leaves look great! but they are a sad site cause that means its gonna snow soon. and that means the bike gets put away.. I found the site by searching honda 929s and came across it some how. but its obviously where i belong owning one myself now. i love my bike and want to know all i can about it and it looks like this is the place to get any info i may need about it. i just hope i can figure out my problem i guess i just need to buy a plug and play led flasher relay to fix it. unless i get another answer on a way to fix it. Thanks for the welcome! and theres a few pictures of my new baby!
Attached Thumbnails
nikon camera 006.jpg‎   nikon camera 017.jpg‎  

Last edited by tjsline; 09-28-2014 at 9:38 PM.
tjsline is offline  
post #5 of 33 Old 09-28-2014, 9:58 PM
 
Join Date: 03-18-2014
Location: USA
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                     
blunt is offline  
post #6 of 33 Old 09-28-2014, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-27-2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: led blinker problems in My erion racing 929

thanks for the quick answers ill let you all know if it works.
tjsline is offline  
post #7 of 33 Old 09-29-2014, 12:39 AM
President: Team Full Chat
 
IanDoohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-2013
Location: Connecticut,USA
Age: 47
Posts: 7,060
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102
                     
Garage
Re: led blinker problems in My erion racing 929

Sweet looking Erion 29er! Funny though, she looks just fine with stock signals. Just sayin'. to the .org Love New Hampsire. I have a place on Newfound Lake. So great up there.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
IanDoohan is offline  
post #8 of 33 Old 09-29-2014, 1:11 AM
 
Join Date: 03-18-2014
Location: USA
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                     
Re: led blinker problems in My erion racing 929

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDoohan View Post
Love New Hampsire. I have a place on Newfound Lake. So great up there.
For how many weeks out of the year...is it great?
blunt is offline  
post #9 of 33 Old 10-09-2014, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-27-2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: led blinker problems in My erion racing 929

Well I bought and installed the LED flasher relay to no avail my front blinkers still don't blink! If I leave them hooked up and touch a test light to the ground wire of say the right blinker while the switch is on it blinks all I can think of is it needs a resister and maybe a relay to ground. Somebody else has to have incountered this problem. I can't be the only one. Please let me know what you think?
tjsline is offline  
post #10 of 33 Old 10-10-2014, 1:55 AM
 
Join Date: 05-16-2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 717
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16
             
Re: led blinker problems in My erion racing 929

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsline View Post
Well I bought and installed the LED flasher relay to no avail my front blinkers still don't blink! If I leave them hooked up and touch a test light to the ground wire of say the right blinker while the switch is on it blinks all I can think of is it needs a resister and maybe a relay to ground. Somebody else has to have incountered this problem. I can't be the only one. Please let me know what you think?
Did the relay fit the stock connector and does it have as many wires as the stock one? I did have flasher relay on my 929 with led bilnkers on the front and rear but that was 8 years ago. I just wired the blinkers right and the relay was a straight replacement that fit the stock connector. It worked perfectly.

With a flasher relay you won't do anything with resistors. Yoou have probably something wrong in the wiring. Did they work before you did anything to it?
mika_u is offline  
post #11 of 33 Old 10-10-2014, 9:53 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-27-2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: led blinker problems in My erion racing 929

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika_u View Post
Did the relay fit the stock connector and does it have as many wires as the stock one? I did have flasher relay on my 929 with led bilnkers on the front and rear but that was 8 years ago. I just wired the blinkers right and the relay was a straight replacement that fit the stock connector. It worked perfectly.

With a flasher relay you won't do anything with resistors. Yoou have probably something wrong in the wiring. Did they work before you did anything to it?
They did work before I am a mobile electronics installer and just don't understand why this would be happening I would think somebody else would have had this same problem.
tjsline is offline  
post #12 of 33 Old 10-11-2014, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-27-2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: led blinker problems in My erion racing 929

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsline View Post
They did work before I am a mobile electronics installer and just don't understand why this would be happening I would think somebody else would have had this same problem.
Really could use some help
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg‎  
tjsline is offline  
post #13 of 33 Old 10-11-2014, 7:16 AM
 
Join Date: 05-16-2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 717
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16
             
Re: led blinker problems in My erion racing 929

You really don't tell me anything usefull that i could help you. You could answer the previous questions i asked. Try with the stock relay. That way you can see is the problem in the relay or blinkers. The blinkers should work with the stock relay. They will just blink very fast. If they don't blink you have something wrong with the wiring.
mika_u is offline  
post #14 of 33 Old 10-11-2014, 1:14 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-27-2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: led blinker problems in My erion racing 929

Ok well I started out with the stock relay and changed the rear blinkers first than turned the bike on and turned on the blinkers all four worked they just blinked fast then I changed the front and then turned the bike on and the rear blinkers worked and the front did not so I unplugged them and tested the wires for positive and neg and wires were correct then I pluged them back in and used a test light with a red led on it and touched the ground wire on the front left blinker and it started to flash when I removed the test light it stoped I have installed a plug and play led flasher relay and now the rear blinkers blink at stock rate and front still don't work.
tjsline is offline  
post #15 of 33 Old 10-12-2014, 3:52 AM
 
Join Date: 05-16-2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 717
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16
             
Re: led blinker problems in My erion racing 929

You have something wrong with the wiring.
mika_u is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
929 Erion racing jweigle General Discussion 6 03-28-2013 10:33 AM
erion racing boerstler Eastern USA 0 09-14-2010 8:16 PM
Indicator / Blinker problems CraigBa Honda RC51 8 06-15-2009 3:23 AM
erion racing 187mustang Honda FireBlade 3 12-06-2006 12:51 AM
Erion Racing/Two Brothers Racing Chain Off-Topic 25 06-05-2003 1:24 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome