SC28 Models - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 Old 10-12-2014, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-02-2014
Location: Aus
Posts: 560
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22
                     
SC28 Models

Ok im noticing some discrepancies between my Aus delivered '94 (SC28 VIN) and US and UK models which is making ordering parts from overseas a bit confusing.

Mine has;
*electric speedo sensor
*compression and rebound adjustable forks
*rectifier with large aluminum heat sink
all of which seem to be consistant with US '95 models?

Then the UK models seem to have different letters attached to the end 900rr-N,R or S or somethig?

Can anyone clarify what my bike is and what the equivalent US and UK models are? or direct me to an existing thread on the subject?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Squid; 10-12-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Squid is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 Old 10-13-2014, 3:01 AM
Global Moderator
 
bladeracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-14-2003
Location: Perth, WestOz
Age: 53
Posts: 32,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229
                     
Re: SC28 Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
Ok im noticing some discrepancies between my Aus delivered '94 (SC28 VIN) and US and UK models which is making ordering parts from overseas a bit confusing.

Mine has;
*electric speedo sensor
*compression and rebound adjustable forks
*rectifier with large aluminum heat sink
all of which seem to be consistant with US '95 models?

Then the UK models seem to have different letters attached to the end 900rr-N,R or S or somethig?

Can anyone clarify what my bike is and what the equivalent US and UK models are? or direct me to an existing thread on the subject?
Thanks in advance!

The letter indicates model year, including Australian models. The designator is the same regardless of the market and is the only way to identify model year - the manufacture date does not indicate model year.
'92 is RR-N, '93 is P, '94 is R, '95 is S, '96 is T and so on. '00 is Y then they switch to numbers from '01. US did not get '92 models.
Tenth digit of the VIN is the model designation.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
bladeracer is offline  
post #3 of 36 Old 10-13-2014, 3:40 AM
President: Team Full Chat
 
IanDoohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-2013
Location: Connecticut,USA
Age: 47
Posts: 7,060
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102
                     
Garage
Re: SC28 Models

Bladeracer is right on with the designations. However your descriptors are also correct with the items you listed. The U.S. models didn't get any of that until 95, or the "RRS".

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP

Last edited by IanDoohan; 10-13-2014 at 4:18 AM.
IanDoohan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 36 Old 10-13-2014, 3:51 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-02-2014
Location: Aus
Posts: 560
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22
                     
Re: SC28 Models

Thanks for clarifying that Bladeracer, and Ian, yeah, it makes me wonder if I should be ordering '95 parts from the US vendors
Attached Thumbnails
003.jpg‎  

Last edited by Squid; 10-13-2014 at 4:10 AM.
Squid is offline  
post #5 of 36 Old 10-13-2014, 4:14 AM
President: Team Full Chat
 
IanDoohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-2013
Location: Connecticut,USA
Age: 47
Posts: 7,060
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102
                     
Garage
Re: SC28 Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
Thanks for clarifying that Bladeracer, and Ian, yeah, it makes me wonder if I should be ordering '95 parts from the US vendors

I guess my first question is why are you ordering from the U.S.? Wouldn't it be easier to get your specific RR parts from an Aussie dealer? To be accurate and answer your question about what you need for your Aus 94 would be tough. If you post your VIN we can verify what the year designation is. If it's an S then the likelihood of the U.S. 95 stuff working should be good. But to make an educated guess I would say the U.S. 95 RRS model would be a reasonable choice in parts.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
IanDoohan is offline  
post #6 of 36 Old 10-13-2014, 4:17 AM
President: Team Full Chat
 
IanDoohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-2013
Location: Connecticut,USA
Age: 47
Posts: 7,060
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102
                     
Garage
Re: SC28 Models

Ok, so you have a P model. Disregard everything I said then

Can't really explain that.....

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
IanDoohan is offline  
post #7 of 36 Old 10-13-2014, 4:22 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-02-2014
Location: Aus
Posts: 560
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22
                     
Re: SC28 Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDoohan View Post
Ok, so you have a P model. Disregard everything I said then

Can't really explain that.....
Thats actually an "R" the camera made it look like a P
the rest of the number is lets just say its somewhere between 200001 and 200700
Squid is offline  
post #8 of 36 Old 10-13-2014, 4:30 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-02-2014
Location: Aus
Posts: 560
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22
                     
Re: SC28 Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDoohan View Post
I guess my first question is why are you ordering from the U.S.? Wouldn't it be easier to get your specific RR parts from an Aussie dealer? To be accurate and answer your question about what you need for your Aus 94 would be tough. If you post your VIN we can verify what the year designation is. If it's an S then the likelihood of the U.S. 95 stuff working should be good. But to make an educated guess I would say the U.S. 95 RRS model would be a reasonable choice in parts.
There isnt too much out there in the way of aussie dealers when it comes to aftermarket stuff, so i find myself on the internet looking at stuff from the UK and the US quite a bit.
I guess i'll just have to keep back checking part numbers against each other.
Squid is offline  
post #9 of 36 Old 10-13-2014, 5:21 AM
President: Team Full Chat
 
IanDoohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-2013
Location: Connecticut,USA
Age: 47
Posts: 7,060
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102
                     
Garage
Re: SC28 Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
There isnt too much out there in the way of aussie dealers when it comes to aftermarket stuff, so i find myself on the internet looking at stuff from the UK and the US quite a bit.
I guess i'll just have to keep back checking part numbers against each other.
As far as aftermarket stuff goes there are a lot of interchangeable parts. On my 93 I'm running F4i gauges, 95 speed sensor, 96 forks, a VFR 17" front rim, etc. The frame, engine, controls, fairings etc should all be US 1995 RRS I would suspect then. And to further guess, the forks I can't see being any newer than 95 either. I saw you had a thread about looking for brake rotors. I would use the U.S. 95 model for them, seeing as though you have be electric speedo and no mechanical gear drive on the front rim. I'm very familiar with these models as far as US fare goes. I'll help anywhere I can.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
IanDoohan is offline  
post #10 of 36 Old 10-13-2014, 5:27 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-02-2014
Location: Aus
Posts: 560
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22
                     
Re: SC28 Models

Ok I think i goofed up, and ordered pair of EBC 1014x discs for US '94 model when i should have ordered EBC 1003X for US 95. Can someone quickly confirm this as i thing working hours are just starting for you guys and need to change order before they post.
Squid is offline  
post #11 of 36 Old 10-13-2014, 5:30 AM
President: Team Full Chat
 
IanDoohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-2013
Location: Connecticut,USA
Age: 47
Posts: 7,060
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102
                     
Garage
Re: SC28 Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
Ok I think i goofed up, and ordered pair of EBC 1014x discs for US '94 model when i should have ordered EBC 1003X for US 95. Can someone quickly confirm this as i thing working hours are just starting for you guys and need to change order before they post.
If they are 94 U.S. spec then they will not work on your front rim, the outer diameter of the left side hub is larger to accommodate the speedo drive gear.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
IanDoohan is offline  
post #12 of 36 Old 10-13-2014, 5:32 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-02-2014
Location: Aus
Posts: 560
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22
                     
Re: SC28 Models

ok thanks Ian, I sent them a message changing my order, hopefully they see it before they chuck it in the mail. Worse case scenario, will the earlier rotors fit on my bike?
Squid is offline  
post #13 of 36 Old 10-13-2014, 5:33 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-02-2014
Location: Aus
Posts: 560
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22
                     
Re: SC28 Models

oh ****
Squid is offline  
post #14 of 36 Old 10-13-2014, 5:35 AM
President: Team Full Chat
 
IanDoohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-2013
Location: Connecticut,USA
Age: 47
Posts: 7,060
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102
                     
Garage
Re: SC28 Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
Ok I think i goofed up, and ordered pair of EBC 1014x discs for US '94 model when i should have ordered EBC 1003X for US 95. Can someone quickly confirm this as i thing working hours are just starting for you guys and need to change order before they post.
ooops double post.....

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP

Last edited by IanDoohan; 10-13-2014 at 5:36 AM. Reason: Edit double post
IanDoohan is offline  
post #15 of 36 Old 10-13-2014, 5:41 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-02-2014
Location: Aus
Posts: 560
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22
                     
Re: SC28 Models

LOL, I'm pooing a brick right now hoping he catches my email before he sends his offsider to the post office. Its an ebay seller so no phone number, Michigan time, getting on towards 6am. Yikes!
Squid is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SC28 Knocking FNG Honda FireBlade 9 06-28-2013 9:24 AM
190 on a SC28 deplacent Honda FireBlade 10 06-24-2010 6:59 PM
SC28: Ram Air duct [email protected] Honda FireBlade 4 04-20-2006 4:47 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome