99 cbr900rr - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-22-2014, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-19-2014
Location: Kansas
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 6
 
99 cbr900rr

I'm new to the form and I just bought a 99 cbr 900rr. It was used as a stunt bike and it needs a lot of work. Thought I'd make it my winter project. I would like to know what other year parts will fit it? I'm needing the fairing brackets for the front headlight fairing and the brackets that hold the mirrors and the speedometer. Need a good speedomoeter and tank. What years can I pull off that would fit this bike. Thanks in advance
Angelo1912 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 10-22-2014, 4:44 PM
President: Team Full Chat
 
IanDoohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-2013
Location: Connecticut,USA
Age: 47
Posts: 7,238
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102
                     
Garage
Re: 99 cbr900rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo1912 View Post
I'm new to the form and I just bought a 99 cbr 900rr. It was used as a stunt bike and it needs a lot of work. Thought I'd make it my winter project. I would like to know what other year parts will fit it? I'm needing the fairing brackets for the front headlight fairing and the brackets that hold the mirrors and the speedometer. Need a good speedomoeter and tank. What years can I pull off that would fit this bike. Thanks in advance

Angelo. For the 99, there isn't as much choice as if you had a 93-97. I'm pretty sure you can go as far back as 96 for a fuel tank. The front fairing bracket and speedo I'm pretty sure are specific for the 98-99. 98 is basically a carbon copy of the 99. The mirror bracket is specific to the 98-99, as the front fairing was redesigned and the angles are slightly different to the other years. Of course you can make anything work with a little design and modification. I have done a common mod on my 93 900 by adding CBR600F4i gauges, made my own bracket, etc. You can get most stuff to work if you know what needs to done to make it work.

As far as other parts that will fit, it's kind of a crap shoot. The 98-99 models changed the front end so forks and front wheels from 93-97 don't match right up without some pretty involved modification. But as far as the tank 96-99 should all match right up, but the speedo is 98-99 specific. It can probably be done with 95-97 units, but you'll need a speedo healer and a different temp sensor (the 93-97 sensors are analog vs the 98-99 digital ones. If you really need a speedo I would recommend the F4i swap. Very easy to do.

Good luck with what you go with, update with pictures, and start a restoration thread if you want. Check out my signature links to my 2 build threads. Great reference pictures and good information.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
IanDoohan is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 10-22-2014, 7:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-19-2014
Location: Kansas
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 6
 
Re: 99 cbr900rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDoohan View Post
Angelo. For the 99, there isn't as much choice as if you had a 93-97. I'm pretty sure you can go as far back as 96 for a fuel tank. The front fairing bracket and speedo I'm pretty sure are specific for the 98-99. 98 is basically a carbon copy of the 99. The mirror bracket is specific to the 98-99, as the front fairing was redesigned and the angles are slightly different to the other years. Of course you can make anything work with a little design and modification. I have done a common mod on my 93 900 by adding CBR600F4i gauges, made my own bracket, etc. You can get most stuff to work if you know what needs to done to make it work.

As far as other parts that will fit, it's kind of a crap shoot. The 98-99 models changed the front end so forks and front wheels from 93-97 don't match right up without some pretty involved modification. But as far as the tank 96-99 should all match right up, but the speedo is 98-99 specific. It can probably be done with 95-97 units, but you'll need a speedo healer and a different temp sensor (the

93-97 sensors are analog vs the 98-99 digital ones. If you really need a speedo I would recommend the F4i swap. Very easy to do.

Good luck with what you go with, update with pictures, and start a restoration thread if you want. Check out my signature links to my 2 build threads. Great reference pictures and good information.
Thanks for the info. I would like to look into doing the F4i swap, would you have a link to it?
Angelo1912 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 Old 10-22-2014, 10:03 PM
President: Team Full Chat
 
IanDoohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-2013
Location: Connecticut,USA
Age: 47
Posts: 7,238
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102
                     
Garage
Re: 99 cbr900rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo1912 View Post
Thanks for the info. I would like to look into doing the F4i swap, would you have a link to it?
Sure, it's in my signature: the cafe 900 build. Click on Cafe and it will take you to my thread. I wired the gauges in later in the thread so if you don't want to read the whole thing there are great pics starting on page 25. For the 99 you may be able to just move some wires around in your connectors to match the colors up. Because mine was a 93 model I had to swap out connectors and slice into the harness. That's why it looks like a huge mess.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
IanDoohan is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 10-25-2014, 8:23 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-19-2014
Location: Kansas
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 6
 
Re: 99 cbr900rr

Thanks for the info. It seems hard to find parts for a 99 since there are very limited bikes that are out there
Angelo1912 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 10-25-2014, 9:26 AM
President: Team Full Chat
 
IanDoohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-2013
Location: Connecticut,USA
Age: 47
Posts: 7,238
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102
                     
Garage
Re: 99 cbr900rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo1912 View Post
Thanks for the info. It seems hard to find parts for a 99 since there are very limited bikes that are out there
You should be able to get most OEM parts for it through Partzilla. I bought all sorts of OEM parts for my 93 through them. If your looking for brackets and such they should have them at very discounted prices off retail.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
IanDoohan is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 10-25-2014, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-19-2014
Location: Kansas
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 6
 
Re: 99 cbr900rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDoohan View Post
You should be able to get most OEM parts for it through Partzilla. I bought all sorts of OEM parts for my 93 through them. If your looking for brackets and such they should have them at very discounted prices off retail.
Thanks for the info I'll check them out
Angelo1912 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
98 cbr900rr want more hp 98cbr919rr Aftermarket Perfomance Parts Reviews 9 12-04-2012 10:20 AM
CBR900RR AK47 Review My Ride 4 05-16-2012 7:55 AM
will 95 cbr900rr forks fit my 96 cbr900rr??? cbr900rr1996 General Discussion 2 09-14-2010 11:57 PM
will 2000 cbr900rr rear shock fit 96 cbr900rr? wylier18 Honda FireBlade 0 01-22-2007 2:06 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome