Stage? jet kit? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-23-2014, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7

Stage? jet kit?

Hi All,

So my 92 Blade is ticking along nicely now, keeping her under 7k revs until a few more miles following the engine rebuild and some new rings.

She has a K&N filter, stainless headers and scorpion end can (less baffle) and a flowed head. From my experience the flowed head looks well done but that's more from the workmanship than any flow tests.

My question is should I/do i need to put a jet kit in it? if so what stage 1 or 2? Also where the hek do you buy them in the UK! Dynojet only list Stage 3 i believe.

How can I tell if the bike already has a kit in it? I doubt it has but she does seem to run ok - that said ive not had an old blade before, but there's no stuters and not a bad pull from around 5k. (I ride a ZX12R daily to put it in context!)

Anhoo, thanks for any pointers..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-23-2014, 8:04 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Stage? jet kit?

The mods you have exceed stage 1 instructions, but if you're running good now, chances are in 23 years you already have one. Look for a stepped needle/circlip, you won't have that on an OEM needle. Dynojet Jet Kits suitable for a Honda CBR900RR-N Fireblade (1992)

Stage 1 Jet Kits
Intended for motorcycles with a stock engine using the stock airbox, air filter and stock exhaust pipe. Stage 1 kits are fully adjustable to allow the use of a well designed aftermarket exhaust pipe and stock replacement air filters like K&N. Stage 1 kits are designed to improve throttle response and driveability and in most cases power increases of approximately 5% throughout the entire power range can be achieved.

Stage 2 Jet Kits
Intended for motorcycles with a stock or mildly tuned engine using a well designed aftermarket exhaust pipe with a modified airbox and a stock replacement air filter. Stage 2 kits are designed for applications where individual filters cannot be installed and for applications where airbox modification improves the engine's performance. In most cases power increases of approximately 8% can be achieved.

Stage 3 Jet Kits

Intended for motorcycles with stock or mildly tuned engines using a well designed aftermarket exhaust pipe and individual air filters. In most cases power increases of 10-15% can be achieved. However driveability may be compromised particularly with short stroke, high rpm motors. On some modern engine and airbox designs, individual filters and proper jetting offer no performance improvement yet compromise driveability, in such cases stage 3 kits are not available.

Stage 7 Jet Kits
Each kit is assembled with full and comprehensive instructions, which show step-by-step installation. Designed for race use only or special applications. With the exception of our stage 7 V-MAX kit, all stage 7 kits are high RPM, race- track use only and are not suitable for street use.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-27-2014, 8:25 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 7

Blunt - bang on the money there.

Popped the carbs (small leak from pilot jet) and happy days, circliped needles! look titanium to me too, super light and super smooth, not a mark on them.

Happy boy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-29-2014, 1:16 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Go gambling, pick up a pretty woman at the bar, you got to keep going as far as you can while you're on a roll! You're a lucky man.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page