So into the garage she went, and I used the 93's ignition to power up the 99's gauges. And it worked!! 24,000 on the odo. Hard miles it would seem.
Here's the weirdness I found in the airbox.
It was clear it went down hard on the left side, dented the frame, scraped the wheels, chunked the lower engine case and smashed the tank. But I didn't know how bad it was until I pulled the rear wheel off. Seems the chain took a hit and dug into one of the spokes on the rim. Almost tossed the chain....
Case chunk missing (to the left of flywheel):
Almost snapped chain. The inside side plate is almost detached:
And after some refurbishing:
The sanded spoke is where the chain hit, I think. I didn't get a shot of it before I started sanding, but it was nasty. You can still see the 2 indentations.
I got the outer ridge blended in pretty well on both rims. And the scrap/ding where the chain hit looks much better. Once I have some $$ the powder coat will make them look like new.
And now she's just a chassis and engine. She will be headed to my buddy Dave's house for the winter. Heated garage and much more room. Plus he loves to wrench all the time, so I'm sure stuff will get done even when I'm not there