929 problems - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 10-24-2014, 8:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

929 problems

hello I just have been working on a 929 that has been giving me a head ache. for. the previous owner removed the htev simply unplugging it and unbolting it. so I think that is where the code 34 is coming from. he also removed the bank angle sensor under the seat the same way...I cant even seam to find where it would have plugged into the harness for sure..so this could be a lot of the issues I am having.

when I start the bike it needs a jump plus a little starting fluid (I hate starting fluid). it will idle but as soon as you crack the throttle what so ever it sounds like crap and boggs and will not rev at all.adjusting the idle it will idle higher like normal..with the air box off I can put gas into the throttle bodies and it will rev like it should untill that gas is burned off
I sorta feel it has something to do with the ecu not letting it supply fuel do to missing sensors or something like that

is there anywhere I can download a manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-24-2014, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 48

Re: 929 problems

did you check the fuel pressure regulator?

welcome to the site btw

"love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."-Hunter S. Thompson
post #3 of 10 Old 10-24-2014, 11:44 PM

search "stephygee" youll find what your looking for

"love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."-Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 10-25-2014, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the reply I did pull the vacuum line off the fpr there is no fuel coming from that side I have another one ill try from a set of 954 throttle bodies i would think its the same.i will be searching stephygee thanks again
post #5 of 10 Old 10-25-2014, 2:28 AM

just check under the "manuals" section. there is a 929 dl. im no wizard on bikes but might check the tps sensor. there is a section in the manual that gives tests for the throttle position sensor. im not real sure how to adjust it. i had a gsxr that was acting something like you describe n the tps needed adjusted. it was easy on the gsxr. havent done it on the honda tho....

post #6 of 10 Old 10-25-2014, 2:30 AM

i would try switching the fpr if you can, even if fuel isnt leaking out it can still be bad. did you pull the hose n turn the key to the on position so the fuel pump primed n checked for fuel leaking out or just pull n look at the hose? if you just pulled the hose check it with the fp primed n see if anything leaks..

post #7 of 10 Old 10-25-2014, 2:48 AM Thread Starter

I will try the other fpr tomorrow .I am fairly certain I did cycle the fuel pump with the vacuum line off but I will try that before I swap the pressure regulator...not sure i want to adjust the throttle position sensor just yet but I was also thinking that could be the issue i do however want to get that htev valve put back in place because i think thats not helping with my compound problems i appriciate the help i am no bike mechanic but have ridden a fair bit this will be my 4th sport bike i miss my 02 f4i most but i also had a few zx7 one 91 and the other 01..never really worked on them aside from general oil changes and such though
post #8 of 10 Old 10-25-2014, 2:53 AM Thread Starter

one thing i should add is that I bought new plugs for the bike..and I checked each coil(?) with a new plug all old still installed in the head and i did have spark but it seamed rather weak .....hope this helps you all help me
post #9 of 10 Old 10-25-2014, 3:10 AM

right on. im just a back yard mechanic myself. nothin i cant really fix but diagnostics arent exactly my strong point! so i might not be the biggest help. lol but ive had my share of bikes n my share o problems to go with them. i had a 96 zx7r. one a my favorites. there are a lot more qualified guys on here thatll help ya out as well man. that manual has a pretty good trouble shooting guide in it. i dont think the htev valve has anything to do with your problem myself. it wont really make it run one way or the other. probably the cause of your fi light but wont really affect the way it runs. if the servo motor is still hooked up but the cables are just unhooked n you move the servo motor off its starting point while your down there messing with stuff, itll throw the fi light. might need to recenter it, clear the code n try not to bump it.

if you think its getting a weak spark it could be a charging system issue n i suppose that could cause it to bog on throttle. ill post this charging system diagnostic chart you can use to check the system components.

what did the plugs look like when you pulled them? was there any noticeable difference between the outside two(1&4) compared to the inside two(2&3)? another symptom of a bad fpr can be the 1&4 usually starve for fuel the most and will foul those plugs more than the center two.

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/acata...P-PMG-&-RR.pdf

post #10 of 10 Old 10-25-2014, 2:46 PM

another thing you might check is the fuel pump screen/filter. if it gets gunked up itll make it starve for gas.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page