Crappy fuel problem - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-27-2014, 8:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Crappy fuel problem

so i was riding around a couple days ago with a buddy and as i was turning to park my bike died. now all it seems to do is crank but no start. i also noticed that the fuel pump does not prime when i turn the key.so i whent threw the whole bike, fuses, connectors, wires, relays, everything. the pump and relay them selves get no power. the relays do work. the fuses are good. itll crank for days but wont start. Im clueless as to what to do and just about ready to sell my bike..

also forgot to mention at the same time this happend the 30amp fuse in the ignition switch by the battery blew. so i got a new one, then it would crank but not start. ive also checked the BAS, the switches on the bars.... i dont know what else to do with this bike. It wont start with starting fluid either, itll try but it wont..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-27-2014, 9:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Re: Crappy fuel problem

Has the fuel pump seized causing the fuse to blow? Try running power direct to the pump to see if it will work.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-27-2014, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Okay, I'll try that. I just know there's no power to the relay or pump. When I turn the key on the fuel relay Dont click either like the ignition. It wants to start but whatever is causing the pump to not prime the bike is messing it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-27-2014, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Another thing was is that when I was seeing if there was any power to the relay there was only power when I left off the starter. It would go up to about 1.5v
post #5 of 7 Old 10-27-2014, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

yes, when i supply power from the battery it will prime the pump, still will not start.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-28-2014, 4:53 AM

don't know just a suggestion but anytime you have fuel or no start sort of issues , it always pays to remove the plugs and at worst throw a wire brush over them and refit. then go back to sorting out your problem.
Half the time you can fix your start problems or at worst you can eliminate the chance of fouled plugs whilst having cranked it for the last 5 mins.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-28-2014, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

okay kool. i was looking around last night on other peoples forums and stuff. one guy said to check the black/white wire for power to the harness as it supplies power to coil, pump, injectors and so onn.. well i got nothing at that wire. jumped the wire to the battery and my power commander came on. im freaking clueless. probably going to have a professional diagnose it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page