You are a legend!
1. Great so the clutch switch is shorted so you don't have to depress the clutch to start the car I assume, I'll make that permanent
2. Ticked off, thanks
3. OK I can't use that but have another so that can go, am I OK to leave it open circuit?
4. I'll try it and see what breaks then!
5. Great, I don't suppose you know what wires do what
I'l run with it for now and see what happens then
7. Great, I'll ground that
8. Oh, front or rear do you know?
9. Cool - do you happen to know the pin outs as I don't have the other end of this connector
10. Brilliant, the fan's in the house which explains why I couldn't find a place for this!
12. 3 wires? Is it 1 ground and 2 live for turn signals?
13. What the heck is an ignition rotor?!
Thank you so much for that, you've given me a huge step forward - sincere thanks!!