05 honda cbr1000 shutting off when i revv it up - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-28-2014, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

05 honda cbr1000 shutting off when i revv it up

Hello everyone new member here, i just bought a 2005 honda cbr1000 rr absoloutely love the bike. Stock motor 10,000 miles, aftermarket slip on muffler, r titled has been wrecked in the past damage mostly to farings.
Having problems when i revv the bike up it breaks up around 7000 rpms bike shuts off when.revved high. Red/oil light comes on before it shuts off when i turn the bike off by key and turn it back on it fires right up but will stall out again if revved real high. One time i went to turn the key on and the fuel pump didnt kick on i didnt hear it whining like you usually do when.you turn the key on so i shut the key on and turned it back off thats happened one time and now its fine i checked the battery terminals cleaned them put.them on and tightened them down amd they were not loose from the get go. Bike has been running fine this just started happening bike was repaired after being wrecked looked beautiful all new parts bike has.ran fine for the last 3 years until now any suggestions on how to tackle this? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-29-2014, 1:54 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 48

Re: 05 honda cbr1000 shutting off when i revv it up

might be the fuel pressure regulator? if they are bad they will tend to starve the engine off fuel in upper rpm's. just a thought. download a service manual. easy to find on the web.

do a simple search for fpr on the site here n youll find lots of info on how to check it.

"love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."-Hunter S. Thompson
post #3 of 3 Old 12-30-2014, 9:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: 05 honda cbr1000 shutting off when i revv it up

Seems to be good drives fine even at full throttle just sitting ther revving it is win i5 dies like a saftey shut off or some thing im stumped lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page