03 954RR Suspension Reset - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-08-2015, 2:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

03 954RR Suspension Reset

Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone could assist me in resetting my suspension height. When I bought the bike I was told it was lowered by 2 inches. The problem however is, I'm not sure exactly how it was done. Included are the pictures of my bikes dog bones and it's current suspension settings. When I texted the seller recently, he said his buddy did the work for him but when he watched he said that he spun a triangle piece and tightened it back up. It was also on a jack he said to lift the rear up. He gave me another pair of dog bones that he said were never used. The current dog bones say MCJGFR on them and with a little bit of research appear to be the stock ones. I can't figure out though what has been changed or modified. If you guys need any other pictures just tell me, I can grab them.
Thanks a bunch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-08-2015, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 57

Garage
Re: 03 954RR Suspension Reset

Looks stock to me. The adjuster in the top picture is your preload setting. Lowering dogbones usually have 3 holes or are adjustable. From the shape visible in the bottom picture is looks like stock dogbone. The triangle plates should have arrows on them that should point towards the bolt in the bottom of the shock.

SOLD: 03 CBR954
post #3 of 6 Old 01-09-2015, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Is the dogbone a perfect triangle? Or is it uneven. And I'm guessing each notch from the furthest left is the setting on the preload? Thanks for the help
By the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-09-2015, 12:54 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DosEquis82 View Post
Is the dogbone a perfect triangle? Or is it uneven. And I'm guessing each notch from the furthest left is the setting on the preload? Thanks for the help
By the way.
No its not a perfect triangle. The side running from the bolt in the swingarm to the shock should be the shortest. When lowering links are installed the triangle plates are rotated clockwise one hole to provide extra clearance for the lowering link. The left most notch at the top will be the softest and far right the stiffest for preload. The stock tool kit should have a spanner wrench that fits in the notches to adjust the spring preload.

post #5 of 6 Old 01-10-2015, 2:55 PM Thread Starter

This is what my dog bones look like now, but I can no longer flat foot my bike which seems weird because I'm 6 feet tall. Can you tell my if this looks correct? The arrows point to the shock with the lettering facing out towards you.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-10-2015, 7:42 PM

Garage

That looks correct. I am 5'9" and when my bike was stock suspension I could barely touch with both feet. The 929 rear spring is stiffer than the 954 and would be better suited for most riders. The front suspension is what needs to be redone because its way too soft in stock form. Racetech gold valves and stiffer fork springs set up for your weight make a big difference in handling for a 954.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page