Should I be worried? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-10-2015, 1:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Should I be worried?

New guy needs some advice. Recently joined the forums ans introduced myself here -- > https://www.fireblades.org/forums/new...its-954rr.html

Winter carries on as I take apart my 954 and found this :

left side

Right side (oil side)

found some oily residue on cover box/filter too but nothing excessive.
Never actually taken my mechanic skills that far and don't know where to go or think about this.
Should I be worried ? What should I do ?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-10-2015, 2:19 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 48

Re: Should I be worried?

i just had the air box off on my 954 recently doing the spark plugs and there was some residue in mine as well. oily n slightly sticky, some in the velocity stacks as well. just wipe it out. im going to say its normal. be careful what you use to clean your throttle body butterflies tho. they have a special coating n your not suppose to use certain cleaners. id hafta look it up to tell you which ones not to use but ill leave that to you. check your service manual. im pretty sure it says in there whats ok to use n what isnt.

"love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."-Hunter S. Thompson
post #3 of 4 Old 01-10-2015, 2:37 AM Thread Starter

Re: Should I be worried?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Kevin View Post
i just had the air box off on my 954 recently doing the spark plugs and there was some residue in mine as well. oily n slightly sticky, some in the velocity stacks as well. just wipe it out. im going to say its normal. be careful what you use to clean your throttle body butterflies tho. they have a special coating n your not suppose to use certain cleaners. id hafta look it up to tell you which ones not to use but ill leave that to you. check your service manual. im pretty sure it says in there whats ok to use n what isnt.
sweet. Thanks....going to change my sparks too. Order a clutch kit today as well Getting carried away with my winter maintenance. Re-hauling OCD is what I've got. Basement needed a few repairs, wife came home one day there was no more floors, suspended ceiling down and a wall missing. Let's say she wasn't too happy.

By april/may when I can take her back out I'd like to be done with the following:

- new chain and sprocket (-1 front; stock rear or +1 - not sure yet)
- Coolant flush
- Fan switch (bike getting too hot in traffic)
- New rear pads (purchased)
- Rectifier (to be checked; stator still good)
- Fork oil changed
- Brake fluid flush (still looks clean but don't know when it was changed prior to my purchase)
- Fuel filter (mind as well the tank is off)

And in between all of this there's a few broken plastic parts on the headlight witch will require some plastic welding and thinking of painting the entire beast too.

Now all I need is time and money... and help once in a while
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-10-2015, 2:42 AM Thread Starter

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page