cbr929rr resuscitation - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 Old 01-12-2015, 4:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 6

cbr929rr resuscitation

So I picked up this bike from a kid who's mom made him sell it. It was his first bike and he dumped it. So I am now caught with the finishing touches which I don't mind. I like hobbies. Anyway my first goal is to get it street ready, then pretty. History has it as freddie spencers at his school in vegas, http://www.sportbikerider.us/SP/15034. Title show first place of registration Vegas so I'll believe it. It was stolen and stripped and put back together (mostly). So heres a list of to do's:

headlights - non op - troubleshooting - now working solution was to reseat light harness and main engine harness

cluster - op but no backlight - same as headlight

blinkers - ordered cf13 led flasher relay - now working

rear brake switch - needs hydraulic switch

Stator cover (cracked) - en route, eta Jan 30th

stator cover gasket -on hand

Left mirror

Over heat? - can't test or troubleshoot

Order all the fairing fasteners

As she sits right now
Attached Thumbnails
20150112_130422.jpg‎  

Last edited by aznpersuasion; 01-17-2015 at 2:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 01-12-2015, 6:08 PM

Reputation Power: 7

Garage
Re: cbr929rr resuscitation

Hey there are many build threads that you might be able to check out on here for help. Also I have a thread here: https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...back-life.html

Feel free to ask questions

Kevin
2001 Honda CBR 929rr Repsol Edition (Arielle)
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...back-life.html
post #3 of 55 Old 01-12-2015, 6:16 PM Thread Starter

Awesome. Thanks bud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 55 Old 01-12-2015, 6:36 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 749 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage

Looks like updated front end too. 29ers didn't have radial calipers. Cool free upgrade!

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #5 of 55 Old 01-12-2015, 7:21 PM Thread Starter

Oooo, I gotta rebuild/buy the left fork. Starting the leak a little. Ya I was probing the light harness and decided to unplug the main connector and plugged it back in, boom headlights and cluster light. I love easy fixes
post #6 of 55 Old 01-12-2015, 7:24 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpersuasion View Post
Oooo, I gotta rebuild/buy the left fork. Starting the leak a little. Ya I was probing the light harness and decided to unplug the main connector and plugged it back in, boom headlights and cluster light. I love easy fixes
Sweet, zero cost repair.

post #7 of 55 Old 01-15-2015, 3:40 AM Thread Starter

I figure I'll ask, but I don't think it's big deal. When the bike fell and cracked the stator case I'm assuming that's when then 7 o'clock bolt hole for the cover cracked off. Half of the threads are still there. I'm ok with grinding and welding a nut or something to torque a bolt with if I have to. But I generally just plan on running it the way it is and adding 1 pound of torque to all the other bolts and maybe use some sealant in addition to the gasket. Thoughts?
post #8 of 55 Old 01-16-2015, 1:38 AM Thread Starter

So I need help grasping this whole LED blinker thing. I've read a ton of the articles on here but there general lack of pictures doesn't help too much. So I have the electronic flasher relay. BUT since the fronts are dual filament from factory and most led blinkers are a single circuit all I need the the ground and blinker 12v plugged in right? Since I won't be using them as running lights?
OR will the 3 prong relay not work lIke that? Should I wire the constant AND blinker 12v and then just the ground? Something like this picture but without the diodes.
Attached Thumbnails
1zcmhde.jpg‎  
post #9 of 55 Old 01-17-2015, 12:55 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 199

Quote:
I would suggest getting a tube of dielectric grease, and every time you unhook/unplug any electric connection or ground, clean it and use a dab of the grease. your bike is (like mine ) is 15 years old now. Take care of the little things like that will keep your bike happy.

Quote:
So I need help grasping this whole LED blinker thing. I've read a ton of the articles on here but there general lack of pictures doesn't help too much. So I have the electronic flasher relay. BUT since the fronts are dual filament from factory and most led blinkers are a single circuit all I need the the ground and blinker 12v plugged in right? Since I won't be using them as running lights?
OR will the 3 prong relay not work lIke that? Should I wire the constant AND blinker 12v and then just the ground? Something like this picture but without the diodes.
Dude, your overthinking all this.
Just spend $20 on a modern blinker relay, plugs right into your harness, and handles any combination of bulbs and led's. I have rear bulbs and front led's and they blink at the proper speed.
post #10 of 55 Old 01-17-2015, 1:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
I would suggest getting a tube of dielectric grease, and every time you unhook/unplug any electric connection or ground, clean it and use a dab of the grease. your bike is (like mine ) is 15 years old now. Take care of the little things like that will keep your bike happy.

Dude, your overthinking all this.
Just spend $20 on a modern blinker relay, plugs right into your harness, and handles any combination of bulbs and led's. I have rear bulbs and front led's and they blink at the proper speed.
ya thats a definite on the grease. and ya i tend to do that. i just hooked up my relay and my left rear (only one i have right now) blinks fine now. tested the connectors for the fronts with a meter and they "blink" too. so im gonna order the rest of the blinkers tonight and a few others things too. thanks. any input on my broken stator cover hole?
post #11 of 55 Old 01-17-2015, 12:33 PM

Sorry, I've never dealt with stator cover. I know they seem to be vulnerable on the 9's, and I've read a whole lot of posts about it. If it were me, I'd use some JBweld on it until I could afford to replace it.
post #12 of 55 Old 01-17-2015, 2:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Sorry, I've never dealt with stator cover. I know they seem to be vulnerable on the 9's, and I've read a whole lot of posts about it. If it were me, I'd use some JBweld on it until I could afford to replace it.
Sorry for the confusion. It's not the stator cover itself. But rather the bolt hole on the actual engine case. No since it's not structural I will probably have a shop grind it down and weld a nut in its place. But until then I'm just going to run the other bolts down to 10 pounds and use ahope it seals.
Attached Thumbnails
20150117_112816.jpg‎  
post #13 of 55 Old 01-17-2015, 9:26 PM

That picture is so close, I can't tell what I'm looking at really. But looks like the Stator cover is missing a big chunk?
post #14 of 55 Old 01-17-2015, 9:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
That picture is so close, I can't tell what I'm looking at really. But looks like the Stator cover is missing a big chunk?
I'll try to get anothe when i get home, but if you look just to the left of the big chunk and on the actual engine you'll see what's left of the threads where a stator cover bolt used to go
post #15 of 55 Old 01-17-2015, 10:01 PM

Garage

I have the same issue on my 99. But it took a chunk of the case out too. I'm gonna have it welded up, but the cover grenaded too and I haven't got a new be yet.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page