02 CBR954RR tranny problems and FRP problems. help. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-23-2015, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

02 CBR954RR tranny problems and FRP problems. help.

I bought this bike about three months ago. When I bought the bike the guy said that fourth gear was messing up. Well he was right.
When your getting into the bike is bad power and eeverything but shifting into fourth even at a low speed it will stay in gear but around 4 to 5 thousand it will either down **** back to 3rd or will make a clinking noise till I pull the clutch in an force it to down shift. That's problem one., What do I do?

Problem #2
When I bought this bIke it was running very rich and about after three rides I had to change the spark plugs and they were nasty and black. I changed them and about a month later they fowled out again. I was told it was the fpr and reading some of the other posts sound's kind of like the problems I'm having with that. ( so gonna try that with new plugs an see if that fixes that.

PROBLEM #3
I was told the bike had HotCams, stage 1 injectors, and forged ported or polished heads. How do I know if any of this is true? Plz help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-23-2015, 9:48 AM

Reputation Power: 7

Garage
Re: 02 CBR954RR tranny problems and FRP problems. help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreen843 View Post
I bought this bike about three months ago. When I bought the bike the guy said that fourth gear was messing up. Well he was right.
When your getting into the bike is bad power and eeverything but shifting into fourth even at a low speed it will stay in gear but around 4 to 5 thousand it will either down **** back to 3rd or will make a clinking noise till I pull the clutch in an force it to down shift. That's problem one., What do I do?

Problem #2
When I bought this bIke it was running very rich and about after three rides I had to change the spark plugs and they were nasty and black. I changed them and about a month later they fowled out again. I was told it was the fpr and reading some of the other posts sound's kind of like the problems I'm having with that. ( so gonna try that with new plugs an see if that fixes that.

PROBLEM #3
I was told the bike had HotCams, stage 1 injectors, and forged ported or polished heads. How do I know if any of this is true? Plz help!

Problem #1
Replace the clutch and clutch cable possibly 2001 Honda CBR929RR Clutch Kits - BikeBandit.com

Problem #3 I'm pretty sure the only way to tell is to take the tank off and filter and see whats "underneath the hood".

But by no means am I an expert.

Kevin
2001 Honda CBR 929rr Repsol Edition (Arielle)
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...back-life.html
post #3 of 4 Old 01-23-2015, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

I don't see How the clutch could be the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-23-2015, 12:44 PM

Reputation Power: 26

Problem 2: Check FPR. Its very easy and just replace it if it is bad. Nothing else you can do about it other than replace it.
Remember, even if it doesn't leak, it can still be bad. Mine didnt leak and still needed replaced.
Reference number 14
THROTTLE BODY ASSY 02-03

Problem 1: You will have to either get a new transmission or fix what is broken. There are writeups on how to fix gears or you can just bolt a new one up.

Thats not an easy fix like the FPR....

Problem 3: Check pictures of stock injectors, pop the tank up and have a look. I cant really be of assistance in this area....

Honda CBR 954RR (Leslie)
Suzuki SV650-K2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page