needing help! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-02-2015, 8:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

needing help!

I finally got my new ignition switch in the mail today. Slap it on the bike and still no fuel pump or anything. I can get the fuel pump to kick on running a jumper wire to the brown wire in the relay. And I can get the bike to crank jumping the starter button. That's all it will do really. I get just a neutral light on my dash. I'm at a loss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-03-2015, 4:31 PM

Reputation Power: 7

Garage
Re: needing help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01honda929rr View Post
I finally got my new ignition switch in the mail today. Slap it on the bike and still no fuel pump or anything. I can get the fuel pump to kick on running a jumper wire to the brown wire in the relay. And I can get the bike to crank jumping the starter button. That's all it will do really. I get just a neutral light on my dash. I'm at a loss.
The only help i can give on this issue is to check the wiring from the switch and the fuses.

Kevin
2001 Honda CBR 929rr Repsol Edition (Arielle)
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...back-life.html
post #3 of 6 Old 02-03-2015, 5:03 PM Thread Starter

Thank you. I was thinking the same thing. I get voltage on the brown wire going to the relay but not the pump. Relay is fine too. I'll give her a good look over again and get back with ya if I find anytjing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-04-2015, 10:44 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01honda929rr View Post

If the switch is aftermarket then you need to solder in the diode from your old switch.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 6 Old 02-04-2015, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

The new one I bought is a OEM switch so it has the diode. Now that pink wire has 10v running through it instead of 13.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-28-2015, 2:48 PM Thread Starter

Just wanted to let everyone know I got the bike running !!! so excited !!! I replaced the wiring harness with a used one from eBay, new OEM ignition and killswtich and it fired rite up no problem!! Thanks for the help everyone

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page