2010 1000RR advice please - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-15-2015, 5:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

2010 1000RR advice please

I have been lucky enough to be able to trade up from my 99 blade to a 2010 HRC scheme 1000RR blade, thank you Mrs Wife

It has a standard can on it, I am looking for real life, non sales pitch advice from knowing bikers about a few bits.

Firstly the can (silencer). It sounds too quiet for my ideal liking, I can cope with it if I have to and I found on here about a "flapper mod" that I could do, but still, I think this would be a bit quiet really. I am not after a full on race system, just something with a deeper note and a rumble when you let off the throttle. I want to spend as little as possible, but am worried about messing up the running of the bike. Is there anything I can put on it that matches all these likes?

Secondly, it has a few addons, like ASV levers, red anodized bar ends and crash bungs, a darkened double bubble, rear bobbins as well as a tank protector and an HRC fuel cap protector. Other than those, its pretty standard. Is there any other "little" addons that any one can suggest that wont particularly break the bank but are either useful or look nice, or both??

I don't use the bike on a track, just fairly sensibly on the road
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-15-2015, 10:21 AM

Re: 2010 1000RR advice please

I own same year 1k. All you really need is a slip on exhaust. There are few options on the market. I have two bros black series m2 exhaust and love it. Lots of people hate on two bros and two bros products but in reality it's a high flowing exhaust that delivers power.
3 years later and still no fading and can looks new.
Here is the key fact people forget about. Two bros exhaust uses a straight down pipe with no s bend. This makes a pure free flowing exhaust and in reality changing headers would lead to minimal gains.
Other manufacturers utilize the s bend to minimize the idle lope your always read about. A bend restricts the free flow and headers are suggested for those setups.
I rode my bike without a fuel controller or anything and did experience lope at idle first year.
Second year I purchased a power tip from two bros. It's a spacer that restricts the flow just enough to level out the back pressure.
That made a huge difference and I rode like that for 2 seasons. Just this winter I finnaly got the Dyno jet fc to really get my bike over the hill. I also added a z bomb made by bazzaz It adds few ponies up top and its a super cheap mod that works. You can run a slip on and bomb without a fc by the way.
New Dyno jet fc is the same as two bros juice box pro. I remember few years back people hated on juice box pro but little did they know it was made by Dyno jet and now is sold under dc fc name since two bros didn't renew the license. Profit margin was just not right.
New dc fc is best bang for the buck to control fuel since it can be purchased for 207 bucks and has same fuel contol as pc5. The only thing you can't run with it is auto tune and quick shift options which are useless really for every day riders.
I to have levers, windscreen,no cut frame sliders and integrated led tail.
There are tons of options out there to choose for your 1k. Go with what you like or start small and build from there.
Remember only yoshi exhaust comes with a down pipe cover. There are aftermatket options you can get that will fill in the empty space. I can post the two places I know that sell them later if you want.

Last edited by detroitss; 03-15-2015 at 10:29 AM.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-15-2015, 10:33 AM

carbonpartz.net makes the fill in panels and this uk company is another option austinracing just google them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-15-2015, 1:48 PM

Forgot to add that after I installed the fuel controller I removed the power tip and it now idles normal. Two brothers juice box pro is the same thing as a Dyno jet fc.
On older juice box models accelerator pump feature was not available. Newer versions of two bros and current Dyno jet labeled fc all come with this option.
Most tuners don't use this option except a guy named Jeffo from jeffomaps.
Mixed reviews since it either works or doesn't. Plus let's be realistic creating a custom map for a bike over the phone is not possible.
Fyi: two bros juice box can also be hooked up to run Dyno jet fc software. This unlocks the accelerator pump feature.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-15-2015, 1:50 PM

I would get a slip on and z bomb. Zbomb can also run with stock exhaust. Best mod for the money.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-15-2015, 1:51 PM

Sorry one more. Hid low beam.... My fav mod of all time.

Last edited by detroitss; 03-17-2015 at 6:25 AM.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-17-2015, 3:27 AM Thread Starter

Great stuff, anyone with any other suggestions?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page