REMAPPING CBR 929 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-21-2015, 2:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

REMAPPING CBR 929

So I have had my 00 CBR 929 for a year. It's taken me a while to understand the bike as I am still green, but now I think the bike may need remapping; I am not sure though.

The bike response is good but feels like its holding back a bit on first gear at around 30-40 mph. It doesn't backfire like crazy but I can hear some backfire. It hasn't stopped me from riding the bike, but I'm thinking may be the bike needs remapping. Are my assumptions right that the bike may need remapping? Any ideas? And if it does need remapping how to do go about doing it? I am not a racer but love riding and getting out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-21-2015, 11:24 PM

Re: REMAPPING CBR 929

Lets see if i can help you out here and feel free to corecct me if im wrong!

Couple things come in to factor here you didnt mention. Is this a new problem you are noticing? Did the bike run fine and start to get worse? if so the i would suspect its time to do a full tune up. clean air filter new fuel filter check plugs /wires etc. My vfr was a little luggy and not running very smooth so i changed the fuel filter and it made a big difference.

Typically you should only need to re map if you add after market parts that can affect air flow or exhaust on the bike. (exhaust,air filter, turbo, flapper mod etc.)

If you did want to remap you will need a fuel management unit like a power commander or a bazzaz zfi unit and im sure there are more. Im not sure what would be available for your bike though. They let you change your fuel map via downloaded maps which you can then alter or have a dyno shop make a custom map for you.
hope this helps.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-23-2015, 6:48 PM
RTJ

Re: REMAPPING CBR 929

I have a PowerCommander III USB on my 929 and it is really easy to use. Depending on your mods, you can load pre-made maps or make your own, and then flash to the bike over USB. Keep an eye out in the Classifieds forums, you can usually pick one up for about $150.

It sounds like you have something else going on though. I second the ideas that kcdub mentioned before going for a new map.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page