Honda 929 2000 FI Error Code 8 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-24-2015, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Honda 929 2000 FI Error Code 8

Hi guys

Did a search on Error Code 8 and a few threads came up but nothing with a solution.

This is the scenario: Start the bike in the morning and after it settles to idle (sometimes the idle shoots up to 4krpm) the throttle response becomes extremely jerky when accelerating. After 10 minutes or so (sometimes less) the FI light comes on and the jerkiness stops. When i stop and put the kick stand, the FI light flashes 8 times.

Anyone know whats causing this and what the solution might be? I am also running a Power Commander 3 (the serial version).

It all started happening when i put higher octane fuel into the bike at a petrol station i normally dont use!

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Nik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-24-2015, 1:08 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Re: Honda 929 2000 FI Error Code 8

The TPS is on the end of the throttle bodies. Check the connector. unplug it n plug it back in, maybe clean it if it looks dirty. clear the fault codes and see if it returns.

if it does, the next thing i would do is unhook the power commander. its not uncommon for a pc to cause such problems. its the next easiest thing to do after checking the connector. just unhook the pc n plug everything up like factory, clear the codes and see if your problem is fixed. if it is then you know its to do with the pc.

after that i would follow the service manual instructions to test the throttle position sensor.

i will pm you info where to find the service manual. it has detailed instructions on testing the fault code 8

"love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle."-Hunter S. Thompson

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page