Vacuum blanking caps - swapping for nipples - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-24-2015, 8:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 8

Vacuum blanking caps - swapping for nipples

Hey all (and of course those of you who clicked on the thread as nipples was in the title...)

Over the course of owning my 98 blade i've had the habit of checking carb balance whenever doing anything excessive in or around the carbs (they've been off and on a few times these past months for various reasons)
basically getting tired of having to remove the blanking caps, and both nipples, then fit each adaptor every time i go to check the balance (i have to remove the 2 nipples on 1 and 3 as they have a 4.3mm flange diameter yet my carb tubes are roughly 4.5mm internal diameter, meaning vac leakage using stock nipples).

I've seen motion pro do vacuum nipples (adaptors) in the US but can't seem to find anything a bit more local to the UK.
Any adaptor with a 5mm threadable width should work so long as the connector flange is 5mm or more also.
Any thoughts? Anyone done this to ease synching?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-24-2015, 8:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 8

Re: Vacuum blanking caps - swapping for nipples

Oh goddamnit,
so i'm searching, and searching, and searching, finally post about it, and next thing i know i end up finding these:
Morgan Carbtune 5mm Brass adapters Carburettor. Set of 4!! | eBay

Oh well, anyone our neck of the woods might find the link useful. lol

-mods, if need to delete then be my guest

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page