velocity stacks - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-29-2015, 6:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11

velocity stacks

just looking for some opinions on this setup...
Attached Thumbnails
image1.JPG‎   image2.JPG‎   image3.JPG‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-30-2015, 7:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Re: velocity stacks

Not such a good idea. The set-up get rid of the air box to theoretically allow more air into the engine and with proper A/F ratio to produce more power. With the set up, filtration is reduced thus allowing more particles into the motor. Unless you're racing and need every possible power advantage the potential wear to your engine is not worth it. Plus, most sport bikes air box have a ram air inlet to force more air into the engine at speed. This unit may negate that ram air process. Unless the unit came from a reputable race company that spent time on R&R, like Graves the advantage you're looking for may not be so.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-30-2015, 2:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 56

Garage

Found a set of Factory Pro velocity stacks for my 954 a couple years ago just before having bike dyno tuned. We made 2 pulls with the FP velocity stacks then changed to stock stacks and made 2 more pulls. No change so I sold them.

SOLD: 03 CBR954
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-30-2015, 5:49 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoc View Post
Found a set of Factory Pro velocity stacks for my 954 a couple years ago just before having bike dyno tuned. We made 2 pulls with the FP velocity stacks then changed to stock stacks and made 2 more pulls. No change so I sold them.
I know on an 06 gsxr 1000 that I have, the factory brand velocity stacks actually lost a lot of midrange, we tried tuning for them, but never made the power back. Now, on another 06 gsxr 1000 of mine, with a built motor, they helped, a little, but did help, not worth the price tag though.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-30-2015, 8:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11

i know the the factory pro stacks are typically a waste of money, however they keep the stock air box, this gets rid of the air box completely. I have built cars with individual throttle bodies with velocity stack and it made a pretty decent difference in throttle response and you could feel a definite power increase in the seat of the pants. i also wouldnt be worried about filtering, there are extremely good filters made for velocity stacks that filter just as good if not better than any standard filter the bike would run otherwise. i dunno, im just asking questions. lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page