Track Bike project - what are these sensors for? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-04-2015, 4:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Track Bike project - what are these sensors for?

Hello everyone,

That is my first post on this forum so I will start at the beginning

Last autumn I bought SC59 with damaged crankshaft and plan was to fix the bike and have it for tack only. It was long way but yesterday Blade finally fired up and everything seems to be OK. I also have second complete engine but I still have to get right camshaft shells and put it all together.
But let's get back to the point - when I bought the bike the fairings were off and some parts were in the boxes so it is not making it any easier for me now. Next step is to put race fairings on but there are some things that I am sure I really need - for example sensors and "can" on attached picture. I can assume they're pressure sensors but not sure if it's "eco-stuff" or it's essential for proper engine work? Can anyone please advise what are they for and If I really need them on Track Bike? I could see another pressure sensor on the Airbox inlet pipe but still not sure where and how it should be connected.
I would appreciate any comments and If someone would like to share his experience with puting the race fairings on that would be great!
Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
20150404_011624.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-04-2015, 5:54 AM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage
Re: Track Bike project - what are these sensors for?

That all looks like the US's version of the "California" model that has a more aggressive emissions control. Those aren't sensors, I believe they are solenoid valves. The can usually houses charcoal or something in it to capture and/or recirculate fuel vapor or exhaust gases. You may notice plumbing around the header too where Honda used to inject fresh air into the exhaust port, or at least something like that.

I'm gonna say it's not needed if you're racing it, but other areas may need to have ports covered or blocked. It's not a US import is it?

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #3 of 4 Old 04-04-2015, 8:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDoohan View Post
It's not a US import is it?
Thanks for your reply Ian. No Bike is from Germany
Today I've managed to find out that the "can" is actually vacuum chamber but i still have to spend some more time studying service manual... But my wife is chasing me to help her out with Easter preparations so it's not easy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-04-2015, 4:48 PM Thread Starter

OK. Found my answer here:
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...-omitting.html

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page