Clicking/grinding sound when cold and revved - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-12-2015, 3:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 7

Clicking/grinding sound when cold and revved

So I've had my blade for about a year, and I've taken that time to slowly fix everything that I can. One thing that has always bugged me, that I've never known the cause of is the noise the bike makes when cold.

The bike starts fine, and purrs. But if I rev it up before I've given her a chance to warm up for a minute or so, it makes a grinding noise. It bogs like most cold carbuerated things do, but it makes relatively noise grinding sound along with it. As soon as it's warmed up, it runs perfectly fine.

1999 CBR900RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-13-2015, 1:27 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Clicking/grinding sound when cold and revved

That's part of the Honda experience, Many 954 owners will tell you the same thing. Just let her warm up to operating temp before belting it.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-13-2015, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 7

I thought that may be the case, but I've had a few different people ask about it, so I figured it was worth asking about.

1999 CBR900RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-14-2015, 1:10 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Yeah, the tolerances on the 954 are a little funny, so you need to let her warm up to about 85 degrees Celcius then go on the ride. I know sometimes it isn't practical to do so, so just take it easy when you take off it she hasn't gotten to operating temp.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page