PC III question please - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-09-2015, 9:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

PC III question please

I loaded a map that I thought was good and my mileage went from about 150 miles per tank to about 100 miles per tank. There was some serious deceleration popping also. I just loaded a stock map for a 02 954 from the PC website and the bike runs very good, mines an 03. I'll see if the mileage gets better, it doesn't smell as rich. What I cant remember or find is the stock map before I initially loaded one. Will it just revert to the stock map if/when I disconnect the PC? I am looking to have it tuned in the near future one I find a local shop/tuner that I feel comfortable with. Thanks for any assistance! Regards, Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-12-2015, 7:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: PC III question please

from your mileage, its running way too rich n the popping on decel is unburnt fuel popping off in exhaust, If you disconnect it should revert to normal, cos AFAIK the PC alters the map, but doesn't rewrite it.

Download 110-001 from here n see how ya go

Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module 954 RR (Fireblade)&year=2002&mk=19&mdl=348&yr=2002

Last edited by FirebladeRon; 08-12-2015 at 7:11 PM. Reason: typo
post #3 of 6 Old 08-13-2015, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Ron,
The map you suggested is what I loaded. The popping is way down and the rich fuel smell is less also. I have the pair plate block offs, but have been a little bit hesitant about installing them (why I don't know)? I plan on getting a professional tune in the next week or so. Thanks for the response, for what it's worth I'll post the tune here and send it to Dynojet also. Regards, Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 08-14-2015, 1:10 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 57

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoni View Post
Thanks Ron,
The map you suggested is what I loaded. The popping is way down and the rich fuel smell is less also. I have the pair plate block offs, but have been a little bit hesitant about installing them (why I don't know)? I plan on getting a professional tune in the next week or so. Thanks for the response, for what it's worth I'll post the tune here and send it to Dynojet also. Regards, Jay
You have to disable or remove the pair system before getting a custom tune. The function of the pair system is to introduce air into the exhaust to burn off excess for emissions regulations. This would cause the air/fuel ratio to be off and impossible to tune the bike. I installed the plates and completely removed the pair system and taped up the electrical plug to it. You will not get any fault codes by doing this.

SOLD: 03 CBR954
post #5 of 6 Old 08-23-2015, 8:11 PM Thread Starter

Thanks backdoc, that's the route I will take in a couple of weeks. Been busy going broke with two kids in college this year! Regards, Jay
post #6 of 6 Old 08-24-2015, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 66

Garage

The decel popping is always a sure-sign of being too rich. If you can't afford a custom tune at this time your best bet is to run through a variety of maps for other exhausts (or see if powercommander's site has yours) and see which one works the best. I will eventually end up with a custom tune, but in the meantime (and for the last year or so) I have found a map that works out great for me lol.

/**Serenity**\ 2002 Honda CBR954RR Fireblade

"But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page