Dash not working properly - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 08-15-2015, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Dash not working properly

I was riding and my bike lost power, gained power, lost power again and died out.. So here is what I have found out. Before I begin I would like to put everything on the tabloe about the bike. 03 954, aftermarket HID hooked to running beam, stereo system directly to battery, LED kit hooked to battery.

After tearing down my bike and replacing the dead battery I noticed my dash no longer illuminated. The neutral light, high beam and turn signals lit, but the tach does not move, illuminate and the speedo did not work. After a closer investigation I noticed the HID kit was burnt as well as my starter solenoid melting almost like a bat stator connector. The fuel pump kicks in but I have nothing. So I swapped wiring harnesses. I swapped every harness just in case you are wondering. I replaced the tip over switch which I found to be fried My turn signals on the dash illuminate but do not flash. My turn signals are in working condition and they are LED with resistors installed.

I purchased another CDI to see if that were the issue.. Same problem still. I checked all my fuses.Everything seems ok. Brake lights and running lights function. When the bike is allowed to prime, the bike flashes code 19. But it flashes this code without jumping the wires.. I am at a loss... Does anyone have any suggestions?

Overall problem is the dash is not working properly.. Can the dash be tested. Happy I am building another 954... got alot of spare parts..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page