idling and error code - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-04-2015, 7:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

idling and error code

good day,
i am sorry issue i have might have been discussed already but i still can not find any solution. my bike honda cbr 954(stock)is have problems starting and holding idle, when it starts it sound as if its misfiring it dies out if i dont hold the throttle open.When i turn the key on the screen appears like in the video below,could it be an error code if so can someone kindly assist what it means. The plugs are dark and at times drenched in petrol i checked the fpr but it shows neither signs of malfunction as instructed or mentioned by posts here.thank you for assistint
Attached Files
File Type: mp4 MOV_0073.mp4‎ (4.09 MB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-04-2015, 8:47 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 59

Re: idling and error code

lemme see... just a WILD guess, but there's an electrical AND vacuum sensor juuuust behind/under the fuel tank on the right side as you're seated. the name of said sensor escapes me, but if the vacuum tube is disconnected (as mine has been in the past), it'll throw up an error code, run rough (as if it's rich), smoke some, and will only start when throttle is twisted.

again. this is an issue I had, but your symptoms sound familiar.

when starting, does it run rough, and and then when the MIL lamp illuminates & remains lit, it "smoothes out"...?

non-Honda fleet: EX250JAF, VL1500LC, ZX600-E1, ZX600-E12
"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #3 of 3 Old 09-05-2015, 7:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: idling and error code

Quote:
Originally Posted by unslow1 View Post
lemme see... just a WILD guess, but there's an electrical AND vacuum sensor juuuust behind/under the fuel tank on the right side as you're seated. the name of said sensor escapes me, but if the vacuum tube is disconnected (as mine has been in the past), it'll throw up an error code, run rough (as if it's rich), smoke some, and will only start when throttle is twisted.

again. this is an issue I had, but your symptoms sound familiar.

when starting, does it run rough, and and then when the MIL lamp illuminates & remains lit, it "smoothes out"...?
it runs rough and the mil lamp remains lit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page