just put a stock pipe back on the 929 servo question - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-27-2004, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

just put a stock pipe back on the 929 servo question

I just took a micron full exhaust off my 929 and put the stock pipe back on it. I hooked the cables from the pipe to the servo motor but I'm not sure if they are adjusted correctly.
What is a good rule of thumb for adjusting those cables?
Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-28-2004, 10:05 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Re: just put a stock pipe back on the 929 servo question

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodan
I just took a micron full exhaust off my 929 and put the stock pipe back on it. I hooked the cables from the pipe to the servo motor but I'm not sure if they are adjusted correctly.
What is a good rule of thumb for adjusting those cables?
Any help is appreciated.
I didnt adjust my cables when I took mine off or put it back on. If they are on and the bike is running ok with no light then its probably ok.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-28-2004, 11:24 AM

There is an adjustment check, but I don't have my manual with me. Do a search as I'm positive there were several threads on this very question (hopefully not in the old site). Or maybe someone else will chime in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-28-2004, 6:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave
There is an adjustment check, but I don't have my manual with me. Do a search as I'm positive there were several threads on this very question (hopefully not in the old site). Or maybe someone else will chime in.
I didn't get the manual with the bike.
Also the FI indicator comes on after I ride a few minutes as well as a red light beside the neutral light
post #5 of 10 Old 03-28-2004, 8:40 PM

Reputation Power: 28

Send a message via AIM to jetbdude

There is an adjustment procedure with the bike not running (there is a jumper that will have the servo open and close), but it's way more accurate to do it while it runs. Just have the 2 marks aligned at the proper RPM
post #6 of 10 Old 03-30-2004, 12:37 AM

Hi !
May be this will help:
1.Put back the exhaust valve with the stock wires and connect all sockets (if you already didn do it) and remove the cover from the valve (its mounted with 2 bolts).
2.Short the test plug located under the seat on the right side of the frame with jumper wire and turn on the ignition with the key.Engine-stop red button should be also in the on position.
3.Check the alighnment of the ex.valve - it should be pointed to the earth (directed down) mark.
4.Disconnect the jumper wire in the test plug.Valve should pointed to the horisontal (the middle one-directed to the front) position.
5.Start the engine and increase revs to 3000 - valve should turn to the upper mark.Increase revs to 8000 - valve should turns to the ground (down) mark.
DO NOT START THE ENGINE WITH THE TEST PLUG CONNECTED!
Mount bolts torgue 12 Nm.
Checked with the manual.

Regards ,
Alex
post #7 of 10 Old 03-30-2004, 1:44 AM

Why did you remove the full system? Just wondering
post #8 of 10 Old 03-30-2004, 7:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gblade
Why did you remove the full system? Just wondering
I think he mentioned something about having all sorts of fuel management and exhaust problems, so he decided to go back to stock (if I'm thinking of the same person).

BTW, good reply Alex, and welcome!

Last edited by SuperDave; 03-30-2004 at 7:37 AM.
post #9 of 10 Old 03-30-2004, 7:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave
I think he mentioned something about having all sorts of fuel management and exhaust problems, so he decided to go back to stock (if I'm thinking of the same person).

BTW, good reply Alex, and welcome!
That is correct.
The PC3 that came with the bike was Jacked and I couldn't even connect to it with my laptop to upload a map. I know the laptop serial port works because I use it at work to configure Cisco Routers and other network gear.
So I thought "go back to stock and then work my way up" and I found a stock pipe for $50 and shipping and put it on. IT is working so well now I don't feel the need for an aftermarket pipe.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-30-2004, 8:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodan
That is correct.
The PC3 that came with the bike was Jacked and I couldn't even connect to it with my laptop to upload a map. I know the laptop serial port works because I use it at work to configure Cisco Routers and other network gear.
So I thought "go back to stock and then work my way up" and I found a stock pipe for $50 and shipping and put it on. IT is working so well now I don't feel the need for an aftermarket pipe.
Sorry, can't resist. Did you set the Com port in the Power Commander software? You do have the software right? Could you connect (can't remember if null or straight through serial cable), load a zero map, and do a Get All? No monitoring with bike running? I know you're a Network guy and don't mean to ask obvious questions, just curious.

If it weren't for the size of the stock can I would have considered keeping mine on. I like the stealth sound!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page