2006 1000rr chopped wiring harness - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 12-19-2015, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 5

Garage
2006 1000rr chopped wiring harness

Ok boys ive got a real headache this time around...picked up this 06 1krr with no fairings seat gauges clutch perch or lever,no battery tray absolutely no lights and some other things missing...

I love a challenge and these fireblades are my drug of choice...

I knew going in that i was in for a long dark road out of hell with this one yet i never shy away from a neglected rr ,if the price is right.

Besides the afore mentioned component's missing the kick in the pants was that the main harness was hacked in half in two spots...Idk im lost beyond words...i cannot fathom a reason to do such a thing...

#1 CHOP....Down near the starter motor which has about 25 wires ,which all are easily identified EXCEPT THE 3 SOLID GREENS AND 4 GREENS W/PINK TRACERS...uuuugghhhhh wtf honda.....
I soldered and insulated everthing i could ,leaving all 7 greens cut for now.

#2 chop...the four primary injectors,small black sensor on fuel rail and something else thats missing (not tps)unless color changed at pigail....(17 wires total) 7 of which are colored 10 black with white tracers and one of the 10 black wires is a heavier gauge wire....

In total there must be about 40+ cut wires

Also the tps is just ripped out like it had a plug to a sub harness????

Anyway i need help...im not sure whats missing not sure where to start
I have a manual but its for an 04, cant seem to find the 06-07 service manual anwhere and the diagrams online are to blurry to read ...
Looking for any guidance comments or advice i can get

Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-19-2015, 5:36 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Re: 2006 1000rr chopped wiring harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideawheelie View Post
Ok boys ive got a real headache this time around...picked up this 06 1krr with no fairings seat gauges clutch perch or lever,no battery tray absolutely no lights and some other things missing...

I love a challenge and these fireblades are my drug of choice...

I knew going in that i was in for a long dark road out of hell with this one yet i never shy away from a neglected rr ,if the price is right.

Besides the afore mentioned component's missing the kick in the pants was that the main harness was hacked in half in two spots...Idk im lost beyond words...i cannot fathom a reason to do such a thing...

#1 CHOP....Down near the starter motor which has about 25 wires ,which all are easily identified EXCEPT THE 3 SOLID GREENS AND 4 GREENS W/PINK TRACERS...uuuugghhhhh wtf honda.....
I soldered and insulated everthing i could ,leaving all 7 greens cut for now.

#2 chop...the four primary injectors,small black sensor on fuel rail and something else thats missing (not tps)unless color changed at pigail....(17 wires total) 7 of which are colored 10 black with white tracers and one of the 10 black wires is a heavier gauge wire....

In total there must be about 40+ cut wires

Also the tps is just ripped out like it had a plug to a sub harness????

Anyway i need help...im not sure whats missing not sure where to start
I have a manual but its for an 04, cant seem to find the 06-07 service manual anwhere and the diagrams online are to blurry to read ...
Looking for any guidance comments or advice i can get

Thanks guys
Why are you racking your brain to figure out so many cut wires, just go on eBay and buy another used harness. You can be at it for weeks if that's not something you do on a regular. Changing a harness takes like an hour the most and even a chimp can do it, just fish one while you remove the other. I usually like starting from the front but some harness may have big bulges and it may be beneficial to start from the rear.

The previous owner may have tracked the bike, I recently cut all my non essential wires from harness on my track bike. Besides the ignition wires and certain safety sensors you can basically do way without anything else. The weight savings are astonishing for just getting rid of wires
post #3 of 4 Old 12-19-2015, 9:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage

I have a couple of reasons to give it a shot
The main being i want stay in the garage alot...
I have looked through ebay and there are a few but the ones ive seen are either cut or are listed as 04-07 which cant be right

I do this stuff on the regular And its not that big of a deal with the proper wiring diagram.

And besides all of that im not sure the brain is any good or the motor itself is and before i go spending boat loads i want to eliminate everything i can with what i have.

That being said ive got the larger portion soldered and am pretty sure i can make it happen

Besides the obvious lighting and switches what would you cut to track the bike...i think these "chops "were out of spite or anger or just plain ignorance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-20-2015, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Ok so im makin some headway i think...i can hear the relay click when i jump the bas wires but still no spark...kinda flying blind at night here because i have the readily available 04 wiring diagram which im told is different from the 06 ive measured voltage at coils and get zero no matter what i try so im guessing ive missed something...next step is to jump side stand engine run and nuetral other that im not sure where to look....at this point the bike isnt near ride ready and im just looking to get a pop from the pipecan someone please send the 06 wire diagram and possibly a detailed ecu pin out so i can keep testing please help

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page