Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Update on Fork Saga...

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  GhostRider 
#1 ·
Way back in November is when it all started and here it is March 28th, its 75 outside and I STILL don't have a bike! BUT!! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. If you need a refresher here is the link to the old THREAD

Someone recommended taking my bike to a local dealership to see the service manager there. So Adam and I stopped in one Saturday to talk to him. He is a young guy but is very experienced in the area of forks and knows what he's talking about. He is in regular communication with Dan Kyle and has even been out there with Dan. He sets up race bikes as well on the side. Also come to find out, he used to work for the dealership that messed up my forks but got the hell out of there because they have no clue what they are doing. :rolleyes: AND this is even better...when I first took in my bike to the POS dealership they had called him to see if he could do my forks and he refused.

So we talked to him for quite a while and he wants to completely tear down both of my forks because he doesn't trust anything that they did. He is going to contact the local Honda rep and see if Honda will take care of this. Finally someone who knows what they are doing.

I dropped my bike off there last week.....

See less See more
#2 ·
Meanwhile, I call Honda Customer Care to report what has occured from the beginning. I spoke to the person for about 20 minutes telling him the ordeal of what happened. He took down everything and said that he was going to send out some sort of Message that gets sent to the dealership and local rep letting them know that Mother Honda is aware of what has happened. But that's all he can do.....he can't force the POS dealership to pay for anything. And that "He wishes me luck!" WTF!!! But it will go in their permanent record. Not really what I wanted to hear. The guy wasn't that genuine in his concern for me. But I decided that I will just send in a formal letter along with pics to Honda.

#3 · (Edited)
I called Greg (the service manager that is fixing my forks :thumb: ) yesterday to see how things were going. He said my new fork seals have not arrived yet but should be in on Monday's shipment and I'll be able to come in and see my fork's guts sometime this week.

He said that he contacted the local Honda Rep and told him everything. The reps resonse was "Make everything right" WOOHOOO>>>> Honda is going to cover everything that needs to be taken care of.

FINALLY!!!!! I am so happy and glad that the local rep did the right thing. I was a bit concerned that this would turn into some long dragged out battle to get someone to pay.

I am going to be sending a BIG Thank You to this new dealership, the local rep and Mother Honda.

:hyper: :hyper: :highclap: :highclap:

Dont you just love happy endings!

edit: thanks chain...must of had a freudian slip :eyebrows: :smilebig:

#4 · (Edited)
Well, good and bad huh? I need to find someone local that's a sportbike suspension guru. Sorry to hear that Mother Honda's hands are tied, that blows. I'm coming up on my 16,000 valve clearance check and I won't be doing it myself, only have 2 local Honda dealerships to choose from. :down:

Edit: Well there you go! Alright! :thumb:

#6 ·
I thought I've been stufffed around before, but your story still takes the cake.
At least it looks like it may be coming to a happy ending, ..............now if you could only claim for downtime for not having your bike in a safe condition so you could ride it :huh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.