900rr stolen recovered and now broken - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 01-18-2016, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

900rr stolen recovered and now broken

He guys so as the title says my 900rr was stolen!

they tried pulling the ignition wires to get it started with no luck due to no ignition diode also blew my 30amp ignition fuse and bogged it with a piece of metal this is the part I'm worried about as I've connected a new diode and am getting correct voltage on the pink wire to ecu 8v and 12v everywhere else (as should be) but there is no spark at the plugs? How can I locate the problem or any ideas what will have fried without the 30amp fuse popping? Could it be no big and me just needin some plugs (I doubt it)

Any help appreciated cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-19-2016, 8:52 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Re: 900rr stolen recovered and now broken

What year is it? Was it tipped/knocked over? I would go through the ignition system again and scrutinize everything, not just what you have already checked/replaced or seen that was damaged.
post #3 of 9 Old 01-20-2016, 6:48 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the reply its 98 cbr900rrw. ill see what i can test i have a meter just not too sure about testing the coils etc or if thats where to start. i dont think it was tipped over doesnt look damaged or anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-20-2016, 6:51 AM Thread Starter

just not sure were to start checking after the ignition relay as i know they shorted it and just stuck a piece of what loks like a paper clip in to try and have their way again. i have a wiring diagram
post #5 of 9 Old 01-20-2016, 11:25 AM

Reputation Power: 5

Is the engine actually turning over?
post #6 of 9 Old 01-20-2016, 9:26 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage

Ok, so you got the diode back in, have proper voltage from it to ECU, and and you said 12v everywhere else? What does that mean? Is there a new ignition back on the bike with a key? If wires are boogered up from the start/kill switch the main fuse may blow when voltage is applied.

When you say you have no spark, does that mean you've checked it with a spark plug out and grounded to the frame or engine and there was no spark on the plug?

It seems like there are some wires that are cut/frayed/shorting out somewhere. Check your reg/rec as well for burned or melted wires.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #7 of 9 Old 01-24-2016, 3:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstBlade View Post
Is the engine actually turning over?
Hi yeah it cranks no problem just doesn't fire up
post #8 of 9 Old 01-24-2016, 3:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanDoohan View Post
Ok, so you got the diode back in, have proper voltage from it to ECU, and and you said 12v everywhere else? What does that mean? Is there a new ignition back on the bike with a key? If wires are boogered up from the start/kill switch the main fuse may blow when voltage is applied.

When you say you have no spark, does that mean you've checked it with a spark plug out and grounded to the frame or engine and there was no spark on the plug?

It seems like there are some wires that are cut/frayed/shorting out somewhere. Check your reg/rec as well for burned or melted wires.
Hi Yeah voltage tested after the diode down the pink wire is 8 v and 12v before the diode. I checked for spark with the plugs in on 2 different leads from 2 different coils against a ground (non Alu part of bike?) without any visible spark I'll check for damaged wires today and see/research how to test the coils without giving myself a nice shock and report back.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-24-2016, 3:41 AM

Reputation Power: 5

You check the primary and secondary voltages. Tells you in the manual how to do Have you checked for spark? Take plugs out, insert in coil (remember to unplug all coils) ground against the frame and hit the starter

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page