Brand new biker and bike owner need advices! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 01-24-2016, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Brand new biker and bike owner need advices!

Hey guys, I just bought my first motorcycle, a cbr 929 rr 2000 with 60 000km! I spent a lot of time reading online about this bike and I just cant wait to try it! So I got the bike from a shop for like 2000$ (cnd$) and they told me all that I needed to do on it was the chain kit. It as a stering dampper already witch I was told is a must for this bike but that is pretty much it. The color is probaly going first because i just hate it... not sure if ill buy a chinese fairing or just paint the damn thing.

Could anyone tell me what mods are a must have whether it is for safety or looks. I dont even have the bike with me... it's still in the shop until spring but I have some picture i can drop! so here is the toy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-24-2016, 6:42 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Re: Brand new biker and bike owner need advices!

The best mod you can do right now is make sure that everything works as it should. Ride it for a few months and then start changing/improving/upgrading things to your liking. The steering damper is a good upgrade, make sure it is adjusted properly. Enjoy, be safe/smart and welcome to the site.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-24-2016, 7:52 PM

NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE ENGINE SERIAL NUMBER. IF ANYONE COULD HELP, IT WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED. THANX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 01-24-2016, 8:19 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

DON'T TYPE IN ALL CAPS, IT'S ANNOYING.

Here is a link from another forum

http://www.**********/vb/15-general-...-location.html

Last edited by jdoni; 01-24-2016 at 8:39 PM. Reason: added link
post #5 of 10 Old 01-25-2016, 6:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks jdoni, I'll ride it for a wile like this then. But for the colors it needs to go hehe. Is it worth it to go with a full paint job or juste a new set of fairing? I'm Kindle of on a budget for this. Ty!
post #6 of 10 Old 01-25-2016, 6:48 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH84NCARS View Post
NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE ENGINE SERIAL NUMBER. IF ANYONE COULD HELP, IT WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED. THANX
^^

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #7 of 10 Old 01-25-2016, 6:11 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by axio View Post
Thanks jdoni, I'll ride it for a wile like this then. But for the colors it needs to go hehe. Is it worth it to go with a full paint job or juste a new set of fairing? I'm Kindle of on a budget for this. Ty!
it wouldn't look so bad if someone hadn't stripped off the decals

Best to purchase or download a SERVICE MANUAL. Will be the best $60-$80 you ever invested. Yes, replace the chain AND BOTH sprockets ($200), check the brake pads (replace all 3 sets for $100), may need a battery ($125 + $35 for a Tender in the off-season).

That should get you started

non-Honda fleet: EX250JAF, VL1500LC, ZX600-E1, ZX600-E12
"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #8 of 10 Old 01-25-2016, 9:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unslow1 View Post
it wouldn't look so bad if someone hadn't stripped off the decals

Best to purchase or download a SERVICE MANUAL. Will be the best $60-$80 you ever invested. Yes, replace the chain AND BOTH sprockets ($200), check the brake pads (replace all 3 sets for $100), may need a battery ($125 + $35 for a Tender in the off-season).

That should get you started
Thanks unslow1, I'll be replacing these parts before it leave the shop! I was thinking going minus 1 for the front sproket. It's what i have seen most people do on their bike i think.
post #9 of 10 Old 01-26-2016, 11:02 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 24

Garage

I wouldn't do any mods until you ride for a bit and see if it suits you.
post #10 of 10 Old 01-26-2016, 12:00 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 59

Take some time to get acquainted with it... LEARN it... get used to it. THEN make your changes. You may find that the "stock" ratio fits your (new) riding style just fine. There are ALWAYS improvement and drawbacks to alterations from factory specifications (i.e. +/- fuel economy, +/- handling or feedback, +/- durability, etc.)

I remember my first "toy"... I wanted to deck it out, personalize it, blah, blah, blah. But with some of my other motorized goodies, I waited. Learned my riding style. THEN bought my aftermarket parts with FOCUS and REASON, resulting in a truly personalized machine that complimented MY riding style, and then I worked on the aesthetics

good luck we look forward to hearing about what you end up doing, and above all else, RIDE SAFE

non-Honda fleet: EX250JAF, VL1500LC, ZX600-E1, ZX600-E12
"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page