First mod ordered for 1000RR - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-30-2004, 6:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

First mod ordered for 1000RR

STM Evoluzione Slipper clutch, should arrive about same time as my Euro black/silver 1000RR (in 3 weeks). Couldn't let those kawi's have gadget's that I don't have

Next items to consider: WP suspension (same level of local support/maintenance as Ohlins, way less $$$) front/back, Pipe (propably Akra racing C/F for bling bling) + PCIII from Dan Kyle. I will do the break-in and track day or two bone stock, will start plugging in the aftermarket stuff in early May. I just can't wait...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-30-2004, 7:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Re: First mod ordered for 1000RR

Cool

2004 1000RR Racebike

www.jungleboyracing.com
post #3 of 5 Old 03-30-2004, 7:56 AM

Good for you! Personally I'd be happy drooling at a stock 1000RR bike for quite awhile before modding. I reviewed the Phillips Island race last night and that on board camera on Verm's bike was awesome! The sound and power blew me away. (off topic) Although that tail section was flapping around pretty good, not sure about that.

Let us know when it arrives!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-30-2004, 8:10 AM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs

I try to leave things alone...but it never lasts. I always am happy with stock...but then my head says "maybe just exhaust" or "maybe just a dark screen" by that time...its over...I am backing up the dumptruck full of cash to DK, devilbikes, and other compaines!

-that reminds me, i need to pick up some tires soon...and...Oh man, here we go again.

Team Honda - well sorta...
post #5 of 5 Old 03-30-2004, 8:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmethebombs
I try to leave things alone...but it never lasts. I always am happy with stock...but then my head says "maybe just exhaust" or "maybe just a dark screen" by that time...its over...I am backing up the dumptruck full of cash to DK, devilbikes, and other compaines!
I resisted the "urge" for two full seasons with my 954 (only mods were Harris license holder, Ohlins damper and DB screen), but since I was unable to sell my 954 for good price (to build a dedicated 600 track bike) I decided to give in to the "urge" for the 1000RR bike after making good trade-in deal. Being a serious track-o-holic nowadays (slow as hell, but still), riding bike that's more like a race bike makes sort of sense Or that's what I keep telling myself...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page