'95 900RR - Sagging Turn Signals - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-31-2016, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

'95 900RR - Sagging Turn Signals

Looking for any tricks or suggestions on sagging turn signals. I'm guessing after 21 years the rubber has shrunk a bit and now they're sagging and lose.

The nuts are tight. Has anybody used any spacers or other tricks to snug up the turn signals? I'm guessing OEM turn signas are out there as plan B.

OB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-01-2016, 12:15 AM

Re: '95 900RR - Sagging Turn Signals

This is survivor meguyveer speaking. I have sagging, cracking, used to have a boner kind of stance, now it's in a viagara stance... Amazing Goop glue.

As you bend the cracks open, this is first round is to push as much in with fingers and work fast. Next is to cut a coat hanger wire or welding rod, having a larger diameter is choice, you cut to length, straighten the winker, lay the rod down the center (under the winker) so it looks clean from the top, run a bead down the rod laying on the winker. Roll the rod so it covers under and position the rod and let sink and setup.

Very workable stuff once you test things with it. For example, the push in and the rubbing off is see how that works is the tiny filler was enough that oozed out but stayed in meaning. Nasty stuff once dried. When you look up that goop brand name, see the tv, bowling ball, brick, swinging off some crane lifting it, believe it!
post #3 of 7 Old 06-01-2016, 5:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bourbon View Post
Looking for any tricks or suggestions on sagging turn signals. I'm guessing after 21 years the rubber has shrunk a bit and now they're sagging and lose.

The nuts are tight. Has anybody used any spacers or other tricks to snug up the turn signals? I'm guessing OEM turn signas are out there as plan B.

OB
OB, and glad to hear the nuts are still tight, I would hate to hear they were splashing down in the toilet water. As far as the sagging goes, I don't have OEM signals so I'll ask, could you swap the left for the right and vice- versa, if I remember correctly the only different between the 2 is the color of the wiring. Maybe some 900RR owner will shed some light, Ian? Then instead of sagging they would look like morning wood. Your bike will feel 21 again! Oh, wait, it is 21. Remember, erections lasting more than 4 hours require medical attention, thank God for hot young nurses.

BTW, if you insist on OEM and really want it to look new again, $128 at Ron Ayers will get you 4 new OEM stays, ouch! Aftermarket.

I think your talking about item #15, right?

http://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/h...c9/turn-signal

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli

Last edited by fj1200rj; 06-01-2016 at 10:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-01-2016, 9:17 AM

$15 buys cheap aftermarket turn signals, and they don't stick out like skyscraper clearance lights. Why not upgrade to LED for $30? DMP Short Arrow LED Turn Signal - Motorcycle Superstore You'll have to add resistance or a relay to make them flash at the proper rate.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-01-2016, 5:45 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 24

Garage

I've got the same problem with original indicators on my 1994 Blade, they sag, Bob around when riding and basically drive me insane!

I've stripped them, tightened them, even packed them out with shims and they still sag and Bob around, only solution is to remove them and fit smaller, lighter mini indicators. I've found some on eBay that are still square but much smaller.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-02-2016, 1:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks gents
Yah they are big and aftermarket is an option however i was trying to keep it all stock. Looks like i just deal with it or go aftermarket. May try the glue trick - I wish somebody with a CNC could make me a set of aluminum ones!
post #7 of 7 Old 06-02-2016, 3:06 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage

The design incorporates a sort of "break away" feature. They are giant, floppy, and ugly but they serve their purpose VERY WELL. If you had similarly sized pods on the there with a completely rigid mount, a tip over would likely crack/damage the inner fairing that they attach to. I kept mine on my original 93, even at warp factor 5 I figured it was the best I could do for people to see if I planned to turn from a mile away

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page