Body work problems :) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-09-2016, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Body work problems :)

Hi guys,

i'm having 1995 Fireblade with, what seems, a 1999 Fireblade fairings on (if i'm not mistaken). Check the attached photo.

I need information on fairings, conversion kits or whatever they're called. I want to know more about modding possibilities.

For instance, if i would be able to mod my bike in order to put on 954 fairings, things like that.

Any help is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
29048832_568d55d475cc81-92289520Photo0020.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-09-2016, 4:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage
Re: Body work problems :)

Not sure what that is protruding up from your seat, but I guess it keeps you firmly anchored, kinda like a reverse saddle horn. Must make it hard to hang off though.

Guys on here have used a variety of tails, not aware of anything that's a direct bolt on. The fairings would also require extensive mods I would think, given the mounting and shape of the headlights. That being said anythings possible if you have the time, $, resources,skill and desire.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli

Last edited by fj1200rj; 06-09-2016 at 4:59 PM.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-10-2016, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 50

'97 CBR with 954 fairings.
Chinese but remarkably good quality, had the whole frame too hot to touch on our one summers day, no warpage or cracking.
They fit, straight on! The only alterations are to the front fairing support, you will need the 954 strut and the upper fairing bracket. I had to shorten and re-weld mine, not a big job. Also make up some adapter brackets for the sides.
The ram air tubes don't fit so a couple of plates need making to plug the gaps.
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0059.JPG‎   DSCF0060.JPG‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-10-2016, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj1200rj View Post
Not sure what that is protruding up from your seat, but I guess it keeps you firmly anchored, kinda like a reverse saddle horn. Must make it hard to hang off though.

Guys on here have used a variety of tails, not aware of anything that's a direct bolt on. The fairings would also require extensive mods I would think, given the mounting and shape of the headlights. That being said anythings possible if you have the time, $, resources,skill and desire.
Lol, it's the camera angle that makes it look awkward. that's just a beer bottle on a table behind the bike.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-10-2016, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdugen View Post
'97 CBR with 954 fairings.
Chinese but remarkably good quality, had the whole frame too hot to touch on our one summers day, no warpage or cracking.
They fit, straight on! The only alterations are to the front fairing support, you will need the 954 strut and the upper fairing bracket. I had to shorten and re-weld mine, not a big job. Also make up some adapter brackets for the sides.
The ram air tubes don't fit so a couple of plates need making to plug the gaps.
Cheers
Damn man, that looks neat. Exactly what i had in mind. Tho, not sure about 1995 and 1997 chassis differences. Will the 954 fairings even fit? I'm pretty sure there will be some work involved into making it all fit together, but i wouldn't proceed with it if its big of a hustle...
post #6 of 7 Old 06-10-2016, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 50

No hassles fitting. The alternator cover cut-out is exactly right, most of the mounting holes line up. You will need seat pads and headlights, which adds to costs.
I built this, literally, from E-Bay parts, staring with a gift of an engine and frame. Its been more the fun of seeing what could be done without spending ANY money.... I did spend a bit, but, the whole lot, including R1 forks and wheel, Aprillia swinging arm, CBR1000 rear wheel to match the Yamaha front, came to less than £1000. Been thrashing it for the last five years!
Only problem I've had was the distorted alternator cover allowing the rotor to rub the stator coils, wierd rubbin, grating vibe. Finally tracked that down last week, now as smooth as silk.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-10-2016, 1:20 PM Thread Starter

Was just about to ask about the swinging arm, it looks good on Honda... Yea, i knew there will be some added expenses, like the headlights and stuff, but i'm prepared for that. I just don't want to get all the parts and to find out they cant be fitted on 1995...

Aight, guess i will do my parts hunting now Thank you man

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page