bike all back together stumbles al little 4500-6k when cold - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 06-12-2016, 2:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 6

bike all back together stumbles al little 4500-6k when cold

got my 929 all back together and its running good with one exception. between about 4k-6k while warming up the throttle is not smooth. feels like it stumbling. once the bike is above about 160 degrees it goes away and the bike rides perfect.

last thing to fix before I sell it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-12-2016, 9:16 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: bike all back together stumbles al little 4500-6k when cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprhead5 View Post
between about 4k-6k while warming up the throttle is not smooth
Cold [engine head] heat = Fuel stumble-gas contracts-no fuel close to each other can only fire droplets that are far from each other.

Hot engine heat = Fuel burns smoother-mist from a droplet extends out due to heat expansion, continues firing [next to each other] is the flame front smoothing out.

'Bike runs perfect after it warms up to said temp number' = Simple science shoves another one up the old wazoo.
post #3 of 12 Old 06-12-2016, 2:26 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 6

ok thats not very helpfull.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-12-2016, 3:42 PM

Bike runs perfect when warm. I am not helping the engine's life as I rev piss out of it when cold. Who revs crap out of a bike when cold and for what reason? Then you say it works perfect when totally warm.

Said another way: Either the science speaks for you or you look the fool against the science... which is it? Where am I going to look with a bike running perfect when up to running temp? Now once at running temp you rev it for I don't know why/what for, but it cleans up when hot.

Are we on the same page yet?
post #5 of 12 Old 06-12-2016, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 5

I believe Catch22 was just trying to explain that fuel doesn't atomize as well in a cold engine, and it's somewhat normal for it not to run perfect.

However, a FI bike shouldnt stumble like that when cold. You might run some Seafoam or similar through it to clean things out. However, I could be wrong and it may just be the nature of the beast.
post #6 of 12 Old 06-12-2016, 11:21 PM

To quote Samuel L. Jackson on additives, "Seafoam doesn't do a damn thing."

Do not run Seafoam. Pour it on the ground instead. Now you've used it correctly and did the most good. You didn't reduce your octane by pouring it on the ground. You didn't change the balance of additives already formulated in the fuel to begin with.
If you suspect injectors, the only way to clean them is to replace them, or attempt cleaning them in an ultrasonic cleaner.

Seafoam is utterly useless.
post #7 of 12 Old 06-12-2016, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1926 View Post
To quote Samuel L. Jackson on additives, "Seafoam doesn't do a motha****in' thing."

Do not run Seafoam. Pour it on the ground instead. Now you've used it correctly and did the most good. You didn't reduce your octane by pouring it on the ground. You didn't change the balance of additives already formulated in the fuel to begin with.
If you suspect injectors, the only way to clean them is to replace them, or attempt cleaning them in an ultrasonic cleaner.

Seafoam is utterly useless.
Fixed it for you.

Most fuel system cleaners aren't snake oil. Seafoam is proven to remove carbon deposits.

Whether or not it will fix the issue is a toss up, but for less than 10 bucks it's worth a try and won't hurt anything.
post #8 of 12 Old 06-12-2016, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimm693 View Post
Fixed it for you.

Most fuel system cleaners aren't snake oil. Seafoam is proven to remove carbon deposits.

Whether or not it will fix the issue is a toss up, but for less than 10 bucks it's worth a try and won't hurt anything.
His issue is NOT carbon build up. But your guess is as good as mine. What version crystal ball are you using? Mine just got an update and I still can't read it. He would be smarter to dump his fuel and spend $5 on fresh gas. Here is a video. Everyone likes videos. It's easy. Doesn't require research.

post #9 of 12 Old 06-13-2016, 12:20 AM

head5, listen to the logic and science.

Bike runs fine when running temp is met. Book says to measure compression hot.
Bike does not dirty the injectors and clean up when warmed up.

Does that make sense yet? Not a dime out of pocket is back to high school or grammar school science I missed back then; is use it now and forever to explain your abstract or the title of this thread.
post #10 of 12 Old 06-13-2016, 7:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
Well said.
post #11 of 12 Old 06-13-2016, 8:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1926 View Post
His issue is NOT carbon build up. But your guess is as good as mine. What version crystal ball are you using? Mine just got an update and I still can't read it. He would be smarter to dump his fuel and spend $5 on fresh gas. Here is a video. Everyone likes videos. It's easy. Doesn't require research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg9ppeUMpK4
His video pretty much proves my point with the before and after pics at the end, although I'm not referring to carbon in the combustion chamber. If it will do that to a piston, it's doing the same to the injector tips and intake valves.

If Shell and other oil companies were already using those additives like you implied from the video, how did that combustion chamber get dirty in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
head5, listen to the logic and science.

Bike runs fine when running temp is met. Book says to measure compression hot.

Does that make sense yet? Not a dime out of pocket is back to high school or grammar school science I missed back then; is use it now and forever to explain your abstract or the title of this thread.
You're right about that. However, my thought behind this is that a fouled injector will not have a good spray pattern, and like we established earlier, fuel doesn't atomize as well in a cold engine, especially if the droplets are much bigger. Speaking hypothetically, with a hot intake manifold helping to vaporize that fuel, the condition wouldn't be as bad after the engine warmed up.

And, like I said, I could be completely wrong. But on something like a bike that will sit for extended periods, a fuel system cleaner is a good place to start.
post #12 of 12 Old 06-13-2016, 10:34 AM

Water injection clean if you want parts looking new out of a box. GL1000's would blow head gaskets and if you want to see what steam does.

Fuel injector wise... too bad I installed new tires, added injector cleaner and I can't tell if the tires smoothed out the ride or the bike's firing off of that chemRe change in fuel formula and that is making the bike run smoother? I'm on my own R&D with the chemRe.

Shell/costco gas:
I'd run costco since day one on the new bike. Servicing the bike I can see the valve if you open the throttle plate. So I look at the carbon build on the intake side of the valve. I changed to Shell gas, serviced the bike a few thousand miles later and the valves were clean of carbon. Better living thru ChemRe.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page