bike was stolen no fire no fuel - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 06-19-2016, 8:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

bike was stolen no fire no fuel

I picked up a bike that was stolen and crashed.when the guy showed it to me he wasn't getting a prime from the fuel pump.he ran a hot wire to it and it worked. But it wasnt getting any fire. the guy that stole it destroyed the wiring harness I don't know how he got it running
so far I change the whole harness, the headlight harness , injector harness.and got a chinese ignition switch.
I've swapped the 4 relays around all of them work.ive checked all the fuses,bypassed the kickstand switch cause i dont have one.tried getting the codes because the fi lights on but it wont throw a code
The kill switch was the only thing i didnt change and he mangled that too,but it was salvageable.so I tried bypassing the killswitch by splicing the black and white wire together but I just found out that the black wire still has to be hooked up because it's a ground for the starter switch or something,i dont know.i just say that on a post.so i hooked it to a ground and still nothing
Now I'm about to rip the whole front apart to get to the tip over sensor and check the little diode thing on the chinese ignition switch
I dont have a meter and im not to great with them but i do have a test light.when i tested the fuses it lights up bright,but when i tested the wire connector to the fuel tank its real dim

So heres some questions
How do i bypass the kill switch the right way.i dont want to soder the groung back to the switch
Any thought on this chinese ignition.i dont have the right bolts.the ones i got are to long.that thing doesnt ground its self
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-21-2016, 5:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: bike was stolen no fire no fuel

Hi the kill switch is a toggle number you should be able to fix it . take it appart and check.

I assume you just want start it to see how it runs . just get second hand ignition of ebay

or even if you can a new barrel that is if you have anything of the original
post #3 of 14 Old 06-21-2016, 6:40 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Did you try to jump the starter relay with a screw driver? Did you check the fuses? I bought a stolen recover bike and the ass hole thief pulled or damaged all the fuses on the bike...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 06-21-2016, 10:25 AM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage

Hi Tony. I'm guessing you have a 954????

If you have a Chinese ignition switch chances are better than 100% that you DO NOT have the Zener diode in the base of the ignition. Aftermarket ones don't come with them. No way to make it run without it. Also, if it has HISS (the immobilizer), that's another nightmarish theft deferent to deal with.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #5 of 14 Old 06-21-2016, 12:49 PM

I would assume you could solder a diode over the two switch posts? By hand, I'd be holding the switch with my thumb pressing over the posts with the diode, turn the key on and if the pump runs???

Make sense?

Edit: and know which direction the diode goes, etc.
post #6 of 14 Old 06-28-2016, 3:24 AM Thread Starter

I got the ziener diode.it wasnt the exact one but the guy said it sould work.got the kill switch right.DO NOT run it to a ground like some guy posted.bike still wont run.after reading the manual its saying that if you get a solid red light and fi light and its not throwing any codes its the ecm saying f no you better start looking into all the sensors coming off the engine.so imma start looking into that
By the way thanks for the replys.after searching and seraching.it seems like all the replys and suggestions stop here with this problem.seems like a dead issue and everyone gives up so wish me luck
post #7 of 14 Old 06-28-2016, 8:58 AM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytee71 View Post
After reading the manual its saying that if you get a solid red light and fi light and its not throwing any codes. It's the ecm saying f no you better start looking into all the sensors coming off the engine, so I'm going to start looking into that
where does it say that...?
if the MIL is illuminated, and the FI icon displays, then there's an issue. if it's a 929 or 954, there is a self-diagnosis plug under the seat to check for codes. the Service Manual will tell you how to check, reset, and decypher them... as well as where to look on the bike for the potentially faulty sensor(s)

did I miss where you mention what bike this is

non-Honda fleet: EX250JAF, VL1500LC, ZX600-E1, ZX600-E12
"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #8 of 14 Old 06-28-2016, 9:10 PM

Anytime you run into electrical issues, buy the OE part and eat the price. No, you're too out to lunch you now buy a part that needs a certain value and it too is out of range or not on the "aftermarket part."

Aftmrkt part = 100 + shipping 50.
OEM part = 175 bought at the counter; no shipping.
Aftmrkt part did not work is a 150 knockoff.
OEM part starts the bike is 325 total out the pocket.

Hows my math?

Good luck. No OE down to the last part, use is on your own

Signed,
NOLTT (no one listens tough tacos)

post #9 of 14 Old 06-29-2016, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Yeah i know i screwed up buying the chinese ignition im just realizing this.i figured it was just a key switch and it came with the tank and seat lock.its not like i was buying a 200 dollar turbo for my cummins.but its a lil to late.im out of money.
And what i was saying about the red mil light.in the book its saying.if theres a situation with the fi and the red mil comes on.the ecm will let the bike run but it will cut the power down to protect the bike or the ecm wont let the bike run at all.
When some people read thing.some people take it in different ways.so i might be wrong
post #10 of 14 Old 06-29-2016, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

And yes its a 954.when i jump the connector under the seat its not doing anything.imma do another run threw tommorrow im trying to get my hands on a meter
post #11 of 14 Old 06-29-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
the ecm will let the bike run but it will cut the power down to protect the bike or the ecm wont let the bike run at all.
When some people read thing.some people take it in different ways.so i might be wrong
When you read a generic computer bike shop manual, man you will find out every bike is different but it's still pink inside the box. The bike works only one way you run a black box with all the same parts functioning the same way is one timed square wave sent or not. Black box has one of those spiral contraptions so it says it can't be half pregnant. The sensor either keeps the light off fandango or it codes into the proverbial [ign curve change] called a limp. Either the bike is at Full [linear smooth] power or is twitchy at the bottom ['we protect the engine'] you pull any plug/wire/turns digital/solder all those wires. It's so funny is that it's pure digital comedy. 'Limp City Special' here I come

Correct. Everything runs except:
Cam sensor ~ No start
Crank sensor ~ No start
ECU ~ No start
Correct again. Nothing else below is needed to run if the 3 above work.
Air temp ~ Starts-protect
Water temp ~ Starts-protect
GPS ~ Starts-protect
TPS ~ Starts-protect
Speed sensor ~ Starts
Intake air pressure sensor ~ Starts-protect
Atmo/02 sensors ~ Starts-protect

And to confirm if the generic twitches the same, correct the answers.
1. The whole point is have a bottom end grunt appear. Yes.
2. The grunt appears when the code light comes on. Correct.
3. The grunt is still present we turn the light off fandango. Correct.
4. The ECU has cut the power down no matter how you stack the wires, did you flipflop to nowhere is one disconnect between reader and page. Data is up in the air is to __________ Fill in the blank.

Are we on the same page yet?

Think I'm going to explain maybe 3 ways how to start that bike on a theft thread? No. Reversengineering gets you dare.
post #12 of 14 Old 06-30-2016, 2:23 AM Thread Starter

Haha.you are wise my friend.thanks bro.

I woke up this morning,burned me a fatty,and told myself.Take it easy.one thing at a time.Dont let this bastard get the best of you.i had second thoughts about that crazy dioad dude thing and the guy at the electronics store saying,this should work.**** the dumb ****.i took a 9volt battery,ran the negative to a ground,positive to the pink.the beast fired right up.not bad for a dumb welder.

vote for trump
post #13 of 14 Old 06-30-2016, 2:51 AM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage

Quote:
Haha.you are wise my friend.thanks bro.

I woke up this morning,burned me a fatty,and told myself.Take it easy.one thing at a time.Dont let this bastard get the best of you.i had second thoughts about that crazy dioad dude thing and the guy at the electronics store saying,this should work.**** the dumb ****.i took a 9volt battery,ran the negative to a ground,positive to the pink.the beast fired right up.not bad for a dumb welder.

vote for trump
That's a tell tale sign the Zener Diode is toast. I found out the hard way that the diode needs to be installed backwards. Black ring away from ECU. Info in case you want to revisit it and try the diode backwards. I think I went with a 5.1, as it dropped th voltage more than the 3.7.

I tested mine with 2 different diodes with the ECU connector off. "Normal" install of the diode still showed 12vdc at the pink on the ECU connector. For some bone head reason I decided to read more and found that the diode reaches the "Zener" voltage, then reverses it, regulates it back down to around 10vdc, and then boom, spark. Coolest thing I've learned in a while.

Should have suggested the 9v battery earlier. Well done

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #14 of 14 Old 06-30-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:

I woke up this morning,burned me a fatty,and told myself.Take it easy.one thing at a time.Dont let this bastard get the best of you.

And the diode is where? Clipped holding the fatty? I'd glue a keyfob on the 9v and call it a day. Good Chit = Good Job!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page