99 cbr 900rr Fueling options for syncing carb - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-22-2016, 1:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

99 cbr 900rr Fueling options for syncing carb

Ok, I am about at my wits end with this bike because of how damn awful impossible it is to find EVERYTHING for it. Turn signals, mirrors, headlights assemblies, ignition modules.... I spend more time researching how to fix it than I have riding the got danged thing.....

ok, ranting done, now for the question... I need to tune and sync my carbs for my 99 RRX, and as you know, the tank is too damn heavy and unbalanced to hang, and the petcock position and height of the bike make it hard to just put the tank on a table. I was going to just buy an auxiliary shop gas tank off amazon, but the fuel line to the tank comes with is a 1/4 line with a 1/8 or 3/16 inner diameter... well the bike uses the damn 3/8 line with a 5/16th inner diameter, so what the hell am I supposed to do now???? any suggestions? cause I have dropped this tank and had gas dribble all over and out of it so much I have had to repaint it three damn times.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-22-2016, 4:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 50

Re: 99 cbr 900rr Fueling options for syncing carb

Plastic bottle, I use a Scotoiler oil container. Plastic pipe with the right O/D to fit in the fuel line, push it all the way in, if it dribbles, a tie wrap seals it. Cut the bottom from the bottle, tie it up to an overhead joist etc.
Good luck getting the inlet blanking screws out, easier if you whip the carbs off. I made adapter pipes up and leave them in place, seal with a rubber bung when done.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-22-2016, 5:13 PM Thread Starter

should have known it would be a simple answer like that...... Ill come up with something usable. Mean time Im going to order a petcock that will work for shutting the fuel on and off... Thanks jdugen.

And yes, the vacuum screws are stupid hard to get off and I had to buy an extra set of adapters cause the ones that came with my synchronizer were too long. I really should have invested in the adapters like you got, but hindsight is 20/20 and I already got the tubes on....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-22-2016, 5:40 PM

Reputation Power: 8

Personally, ordered a set of brass adapters from here:
Morgan Carbtune - carburetor synchronizer for balancing motorcycle carbs
and then got some rubber bungs for the ends so they are permanently in place (one currently feeds the vacuum pipe for the fuel tap).

Works a treat

As for the fuelling, i just ordered a proper secondary tank from demontweeks, as i made up my own for a bit but after a reasonable amount of use it wasn't lasting.
Warrior Auxiliary Fuel Tank | Demon Tweeks
post #5 of 6 Old 06-22-2016, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Loving that price, cbrherms, but what is the size on the fuel line? I really hate that demon-tweeks isn't even trying to advertise that, and like I said, I'm done buying stuff that I have to buy OTHER stuff to make it work properly....
post #6 of 6 Old 06-23-2016, 3:18 AM

Reputation Power: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntBlade99 View Post
Loving that price, cbrherms, but what is the size on the fuel line? I really hate that demon-tweeks isn't even trying to advertise that, and like I said, I'm done buying stuff that I have to buy OTHER stuff to make it work properly....
Admittedly I had to use plumbers tape on the petcock to size it up the extra 1mm for the 98 blade.
But, totally get what you mean!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Tags
adjustment , carb , carbueretor , sync , synchronizer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page