Arata vs Devil - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 03-31-2004, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Arata vs Devil

Love the look of the Devil highmount (+ keeps the rear pegs), but I found someone who has a great deal on a full Arata + PC3 system. Sooo tossed up here!

Anyone want to chime in with opinions? I haven't heard either of them, so any comments on the sound would be great too. I don't want anything too obnoxious.

The numbers on the Arata are pretty sick, but I haven't seen any dyno reports from the devil on a 954.....

help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 03-31-2004, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Re: Arata vs Devil

I don't know much about Arata, but you're considering between a full system and a slipon. Typically, slipons don't offer any performance gains whereas a full system will if set up right.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #3 of 22 Old 03-31-2004, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Still a bit noobish here, so pardon me. Devil makes a 3/4 system which bolts onto the back of the htev valve. I've read about a 120$ kit you can get for the 954 that eliminates the htev valve and supposedly has gains of 9-10HP using the stock headers.

I suppose I'm asking if one would recommend the Arata over this setup. The devil highmount just looks too cool. What do the two sound like?

hmm hmmmmm...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 03-31-2004, 12:31 PM

The arata will make more power. Only you can decide looks.

Chose which is most important to you.

post #5 of 22 Old 03-31-2004, 12:32 PM

France vs. Japan
post #6 of 22 Old 03-31-2004, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper
Still a bit noobish here, so pardon me. Devil makes a 3/4 system which bolts onto the back of the htev valve. I've read about a 120$ kit you can get for the 954 that eliminates the htev valve and supposedly has gains of 9-10HP using the stock headers.

I suppose I'm asking if one would recommend the Arata over this setup. The devil highmount just looks too cool. What do the two sound like?

hmm hmmmmm...
I have a Devil highmount and love the looks and sound (don't need any more power...scary fast enough as is!). The Devil system, either the 1/2 or 3/4, is still considered a slipon. I've never heard of the kit you've mentioned but I would question any performance gains it offers unless it comes with new headers too.

post #7 of 22 Old 03-31-2004, 1:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider
I have a Devil highmount and love the looks and sound (don't need any more power...scary fast enough as is!). The Devil system, either the 1/2 or 3/4, is still considered a slipon. I've never heard of the kit you've mentioned but I would question any performance gains it offers unless it comes with new headers too.
Okay cool, I wasn't sure if a 3/4 is still considered a 'slip on' terminology wise. Good to know.

The kit I mentioned I actually read about on this forum. Here is the link:

https://www.fireblades.org/forums/sho...d.php?p=129607

BTW, have any pics of your highmount installed? Love to see it.
post #8 of 22 Old 03-31-2004, 2:24 PM
Administrator

I forgot about that thread! I would be interested to know, based on dynoing, whether it does make a difference in horsepower.

Here's a pic for ya'...

Last edited by Red Rider; 04-04-2007 at 5:00 PM.
post #9 of 22 Old 03-31-2004, 3:07 PM

Here's a Devil High mount.

Last edited by johnnycrash; 12-12-2007 at 12:21 PM.
post #10 of 22 Old 03-31-2004, 3:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider
I forgot about that thread! I would be interested to know, based on dynoing, whether it does make a difference in horsepower.

Here's a pic for ya'...
Yeah, I think some people have tried it and definitely say they feel a difference... not sure if anyone dynoed it independently tho. The dynos on their site are pretty impressive, but who knows if they were flubbed with...

Great looking bike. Definitely dig the look of the Devil. How's it sound? Did you get the 3/4 or 1/2?

Did you have to get a PC to smooth it out after you put the devil on?

Last edited by ClemsonJeeper; 03-31-2004 at 3:50 PM.
post #11 of 22 Old 03-31-2004, 3:53 PM

I just wanted to chime in and say mines a half system which was a mistake. The 3/4 requires no cutting and bolts on. I had to take a sawzall to my stock exhaust which in hindsight was a bad idea.

Either way the fit and finish was great. I think it sounds excellent - the best I've heard on a 54. As far as power I didn't notice too much - but I haven't gotten a PCIII yet, either.
post #12 of 22 Old 03-31-2004, 4:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycrash
I just wanted to chime in and say mines a half system which was a mistake. The 3/4 requires no cutting and bolts on. I had to take a sawzall to my stock exhaust which in hindsight was a bad idea.

Either way the fit and finish was great. I think it sounds excellent - the best I've heard on a 54. As far as power I didn't notice too much - but I haven't gotten a PCIII yet, either.
OK right on. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to "HAVE" to buy a PCIII if I got the 3/4 devil. I'm still tossed up about the Shotgun (2 cans) vs the SB2 highmount... both look pretty cool.
post #13 of 22 Old 03-31-2004, 8:16 PM

Not even close: ARATA. This is a full Titanium system and gave my 954 SAE 12rwhp and SAE 4rwtrq in back-to-back dynos (stock vs. PCIII w/kyle map).

Night and day difference in performance, appearance and sound. This was the best increase for such a system on any liter bike recorded on that dyno. Without limitation, this system specifically beat the AKRA system across the entire range--but the AKRA was on a different 954 w/PCIII.

Actual power increases are probably more since there was no pcm re-learn from riding the bike or burn-in of the ARATA system.

I don't know if I would buy anything else in the future.
post #14 of 22 Old 03-31-2004, 8:29 PM

Spot on Mako. These systems are just awesome. The Akra's while built well, are seeming to have no where near the h.p that they used to. We did an SP2 with Micron slipons that made more power than the Akra full system did on the same bike, both mapped.
I have 111 at the rear wheel on my 600RR from 100 stock, with an Arata system and mapping. I have done 2 other 600's with Yoshi and Akra systems, the yosh made 105, and the akra 106.4. Arata all the way.
post #15 of 22 Old 04-05-2004, 2:13 PM

so you can keep the passenger pegs with a devil high mount?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page