1996 Fireblade brakepads/discs? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-27-2016, 9:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

1996 Fireblade brakepads/discs?

Hi!

I just bought myself my first bike, a black and yellow 1996 Fireblade, and I love it!
I've been scouring the web for any tips to good discs and brakepads, but good info seems hard to find and I can't find any threads about my model on the forums when i search.

I've been searching ebay, but there are so much to choose from.
Anyone who can help me out with some tips? I'd like to find the best pads and discs available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-27-2016, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

Re: 1996 Fireblade brakepads/discs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgelin View Post
Hi!

I just bought myself my first bike, a black and yellow 1996 Fireblade, and I love it!
I've been scouring the web for any tips to good discs and brakepads, but good info seems hard to find and I can't find any threads about my model on the forums when i search.

I've been searching ebay, but there are so much to choose from.
Anyone who can help me out with some tips? I'd like to find the best pads and discs available.
I'm running Galfer wave rotors with stock Honda pads. I feel it's a great combination. I like this setup better than with Galfer pads..
post #3 of 7 Old 07-27-2016, 5:23 PM

Reputation Power: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motleyfan View Post
I'm running Galfer wave rotors with stock Honda pads. I feel it's a great combination. I like this setup better than with Galfer pads..
What didn't you like about the Galfer pads? I was looking at a set so I'm just curious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-27-2016, 8:36 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

2 things with the galfer pads., They threw dust off like no-bodies business. Pain in the ass with bright orange rims. Initial bit feels a little better with the Honda pads. I just put a set of HRC pads on my RC51 with stock calipers and rotors and THAT is the cats ass for stopping.

Last edited by Motleyfan; 08-01-2016 at 10:35 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-29-2016, 7:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 15

i used generic galfer knock off rotors from china/ebay, do a search here they've come up a bunch and everyone i see talk about them says they work great. Arashi or something like that. for pads i used EBC sintered HH and I think they work great, never had any problem stopping or getting a bit of air under the rear tire. but there are a lot of negative reviews so maybe i just don't push them that hard, ymmv
post #6 of 7 Old 07-30-2016, 12:30 AM

Hayabusa - top speed a few times to 205 mph, and at any speed, my EBC HH pads stops it regularly without any issues.
Most poor reviews are by uneducated people that have other brake issues and blame the pads for their ignorance. This forum has more misleading and false information than a tobacco company has during a congressional hearing. Buy anything you want except the Chinese garbage. They all work out of the box just fine. Don't forget to run in your pads as each company suggests. If your rotor is scored, you'll want a new set of those too.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-01-2016, 6:01 AM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot for the help, guys.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page