954rr flapper problem - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-11-2016, 5:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 4

954rr flapper problem

Ever since i stripped the bike down and rebuilt it i have been unable to install the flapper so it works with the cable.

My problem is the flapper does not want to pull down when i rev the bike. It just stays stationary.

Would somebody be kind enough to take a picture of the internals including the attachment to the servo too so i can cross examine mine. Something just is not right somewhere and i do feel the bike felt alot better with it in tact in the low rpm. I am riding it now with it out and i can certainly feel the difference.

Hope somebody can give me some insight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-12-2016, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 56

Garage
Re: 954rr flapper problem

Flapper goes down above 7k rpm. Its only purpose was to decrease intake noise at low rpms for noise regulations. Have you checked the cables on the servo to make sure they are installed in the correct positions. Follow the adjustment procedure in the service manual to verify the cables are installed correct for the exhaust valve and are adjusted properly. The exhaust valve not working properly will affect low rpm performance. Before I found a full exhaust I removed the flapper and all its parts in the airbox along with the cable to the servo and rode that way for a few years.

SOLD: 03 CBR954

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page