1000RR for under 10 grand - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 04-02-2004, 8:33 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 04-02-2004
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
1000RR for under 10 grand

Saw my first 1000RR (red/black) at Sport Cycles in Rockingham, NC as it was being prepped for delivery. Selling price was $9,998 plus TTL and a small doc. fee ... but no freight and set-up charges. OTD for a NC buyer would be around $10,400. I don't currently own a Honda, but I thought I'd pass the good word along. It was their first 1000RR to come in, but more are on the way.
Sport Cycles had a record month in March, selling 190 bikes including about 20 GSX-R1000's. If you contact them, tell them William the sports writer referred you.
By the way, rocking the 1000RR side to side from the saddle, you can really feel the additional 30 pounds over the ZX-10R which was also in stock. My initial impression of the 1000RR was a slightly longer RC51. I also thought the matte finish lowers looked a lot better in person than in photos. Any way you slice it, it's a great time to be into literbikes. The golden age is here and it can only get better (barring any dreaded government interference).
Motorhead is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 04-02-2004, 8:37 AM
 
ND4SPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-07-2002
Location: US
Age: 16
Posts: 16,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 50
                     
Re: 1000RR for under 10 grand

and thanks
ND4SPD is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 04-02-2004, 7:12 PM
 
Join Date: 12-31-2003
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: 1000RR for under 10 grand

Now that the hp #'s, weights, 1/4 mile times, and lap times are out, no doubt there will be 1000RRs in dealers fpr significantly less than retail. Mark my words, by mid-Summer you'll be able to take one home for less than $10K out the door (may mid $9K). The R1s and ZX-10s will be in higher demand and therefore command a higher price. If you still want a 1000RR, don't make the mistake of buying one now, wait 3 months and get it for a bargain price.
hiside is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 13 Old 04-02-2004, 9:53 PM
 
Join Date: 05-26-2001
Posts: 4,725
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
             
Re: 1000RR for under 10 grand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead
By the way, rocking the 1000RR side to side from the saddle, you can really feel the additional 30 pounds over the ZX-10R which was also in stock.

Do you ride your bikes or just sit on them?
nhfirefighter13 is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 04-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Sponsor
 
SilverBullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-25-2001
Location: Virgina Beach, Va
Age: 42
Posts: 2,374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 21
   
Re: 1000RR for under 10 grand

Welcome motorhead, and thanks!
SilverBullet is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 04-02-2004, 11:12 PM
 
Join Date: 10-30-2002
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: 1000RR for under 10 grand

I hope I can get a similar deal if I decide to go with the cbr1000. Sadly, my 954 was just purchased--I loved that bike!

Can't decide between the new porker 1000rr or a '05 GSXR1000.
Mako is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 05-05-2004, 3:12 PM
 
Join Date: 05-12-2003
Posts: 929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: 1000RR for under 10 grand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako
I hope I can get a similar deal if I decide to go with the cbr1000. Sadly, my 954 was just purchased--I loved that bike!

Can't decide between the new porker 1000rr or a '05 GSXR1000.
Your SIG states your 'BIKE' is an 04 CBR1000. What gives? Oh wow! I guess thats what I get for reading 'similar threads' and not noting the date of post was over a month ago.

Last edited by Kookie; 05-05-2004 at 3:14 PM.
Kookie is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 05-05-2004, 4:04 PM
 
QuikMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-2001
Location: Raleigh, NC USA
Age: 43
Posts: 887
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18
 
Send a message via Yahoo to QuikMike
Re: 1000RR for under 10 grand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead
Saw my first 1000RR (red/black) at Sport Cycles in Rockingham, NC as it was being prepped for delivery. Selling price was $9,998 plus TTL and a small doc. fee ... but no freight and set-up charges. OTD for a NC buyer would be around $10,400. I don't currently own a Honda, but I thought I'd pass the good word along. It was their first 1000RR to come in, but more are on the way.
Sport Cycles had a record month in March, selling 190 bikes including about 20 GSX-R1000's. If you contact them, tell them William the sports writer referred you.
By the way, rocking the 1000RR side to side from the saddle, you can really feel the additional 30 pounds over the ZX-10R which was also in stock. My initial impression of the 1000RR was a slightly longer RC51. I also thought the matte finish lowers looked a lot better in person than in photos. Any way you slice it, it's a great time to be into literbikes. The golden age is here and it can only get better (barring any dreaded government interference).

cool beans...the Honda shop here in Raleigh just got 2 black ones last week...I didn't even inquire about the price b/c I knew they weren't gonna budge one bit....Fox Cycles in Roxboro, NC are letting 10Rs out the door for $10,400-$10,500 as well...

"Make your next move your best move"

-The King of the South, T.I.-

My BlogSpace

Last edited by QuikMike; 05-05-2004 at 4:04 PM.
QuikMike is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 05-05-2004, 4:44 PM
 
Join Date: 06-13-2001
Posts: 3,983
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
     
Re: 1000RR for under 10 grand

the dealer in sanford, NC is selling for $9,999 from what I understand also...
ccwilli3 is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 05-06-2004, 9:44 AM
 
Join Date: 03-28-2004
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: 1000RR for under 10 grand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead
...I also thought the matte finish lowers looked a lot better in person than in photos...
You know, I thought the exact same thing when I fianlly saw my first one at the local dealer. It was the red/grey model. I liked it in pictures, but I must say it looks quite better in person. I thought the overall finish/quality of the bike seemed very sharp
Goose is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old 05-06-2004, 10:01 AM
 
Join Date: 02-11-2002
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: 1000RR for under 10 grand

shenandoah honda in winchester is selling at $10,236 tax/title/tags - ask for Dave - tell him Sean Wagner sent u. He was ZERO hassle, plus gave me an option of a 4 year extention warranty for $500 or a 3yr for $400 - so i asked him if he'd do the 4 year at $450 - he did!
(540) 678-8500

Very cool guy
Wagz is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old 05-08-2004, 12:37 AM
 
Join Date: 02-22-2004
Posts: 3,586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19
 
Send a message via MSN to matt232
Re: 1000RR for under 10 grand

and
matt232 is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old 05-08-2004, 2:03 PM
 
Join Date: 04-12-2004
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: 1000RR for under 10 grand

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiside
Now that the hp #'s, weights, 1/4 mile times, and lap times are out, no doubt there will be 1000RRs in dealers fpr significantly less than retail. Mark my words, by mid-Summer you'll be able to take one home for less than $10K out the door (may mid $9K). The R1s and ZX-10s will be in higher demand and therefore command a higher price. If you still want a 1000RR, don't make the mistake of buying one now, wait 3 months and get it for a bargain price.
I DISAGREE!!!! IF YOU WANT IT, GO GET IT ! YOU COULD DIE TOMORROW!!!
Sport1000RR is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1000RR Race Version--Mine in 30 days Trackho Honda FireBlade 30 09-07-2005 12:08 PM
Aftermarket Exhaust for 1000RR tnarinen Honda FireBlade 15 10-25-2004 11:09 PM
"Everyday" 1000RR review ND4SPD Honda FireBlade 9 07-05-2004 2:18 AM
Cycle World's test of the 1000RR Chain Honda FireBlade 46 03-02-2004 6:13 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome