BULBS?? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-03-2004, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

BULBS??

Does anyone know of a ONLINE website that lists all of the bulbs sizes, ie. 1157 or 3157s etc. for my 929?
I am trying to buy LED bulbs for the brake lights and maybe other locations too.
I just bought my bike and looked through the website and couldnt find anything.
Last my bike did NOT come with a owners manual if thats where they are.
Thanks
Great site by the way.

Last edited by M929ERIONOWNR; 04-03-2004 at 12:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-03-2004, 12:42 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Re: BULBS??

go to advance auto parts and get your led conversions, they are only like 7 or 8 bucks ... i have an undertail with a new light setup with 1157 bulbs but thats probably what the factory uses too
post #3 of 4 Old 04-05-2004, 8:27 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullForce
go to advance auto parts and get your led conversions, they are only like 7 or 8 bucks ... i have an undertail with a new light setup with 1157 bulbs but thats probably what the factory uses too
The owners manual dosent state the generic bulb numbers. Also sticking one of those replacement LED setups in there will make your taillight look like a little bright spot. The taillight uses a bulb which means it uses the reflector behind it to light up the whole taillight. Since LEDs are directional, the reflector becomes useless and you just get that small dot of light. It seems like a good idea but it's not. You either have to buy or make one that basically replaces all the reflective area with LEDs. Sorry.

CBR Bob
TeamPromotion Coach#29TPM
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoachRENJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-05-2004, 8:46 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRBob
Since LEDs are directional, the reflector becomes useless and you just get that small dot of light. It seems like a good idea but it's not.
Yep, I went riding with a Ducati Monster group and the lead guy had the LED bulb replacements in his tail light. Unless you were looking directly at it and pretty close to him, you couldn't see it at all in the daylight. Just 2 small circles of light. Where as all the guys who had the stock bulb in the tail light, it was clear as day when they were brakeing. Don't waste your time on those things, looks stupid and you are really putting yourself at risk of some car or fellow biker not seeing your tail light is on and rear ending you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page