Loud engine tap sound - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-16-2017, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Loud engine tap sound

Hi all,

Started my '96 Cbr900rr today and it started to tick. I turned the choke off and it started to die so I turned it back on, but as soon as I did it died. It had trouble turning back on and when it did it made this loud tapping noise. I'll link a video I took of it because from all the ticking videos I've seen this bike seems to be the loudest The bikes had a fresh oil and filter change, new spark plugs and the previous owner had a valve clearance done.

Note: I am not in any way knowledgeable when it comes to engines and such.

If anyone could help that would be great.

Edit: cylinder 3 is not working properly. I fired it up and the other cylinders are hot but 3 is not. A few days ago I ran seafoam through the tank to try and clean the float bowls. Hopefully this helps.

Video link:

Last edited by mattcbrfighter; 04-17-2017 at 12:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-17-2017, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Loud engine tap sound

Okay so the problem was the spark plug came loose. I don't know how, but it was. I'm glad that's all the problem was.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page