First bike ? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

6Likes
  • 2 Post By Chaellamichael
  • 2 Post By fj1200rj
  • 2 Post By devildog4evr

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-19-2017, 1:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

First bike ?

My first bike and I'm loving it .beautiful machine
Attached Thumbnails
20170503_180617_1495215589856.jpg‎  
IanDoohan and Andrew_S like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-20-2017, 6:32 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage
Re: First bike ?

Looks clean. She is colorful! As long as you cut your teeth on that scooter in the background you'll be fine. Seriously though, take it easy and learn safely. Consider a riders course.
devildog4evr and IanDoohan like this.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #3 of 3 Old 05-20-2017, 8:56 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

Re: First bike ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj1200rj View Post
Looks clean. She is colorful! As long as you cut your teeth on that scooter in the background you'll be fine. Seriously though, take it easy and learn safely. Consider a riders course.
That's a very fast bike to learn on. I'm with FJ, take a riders course. Learn to panic stop with your front brake. Your back brake is almost useless unless someone is on the back.

Focus on traffic like it's a game of life and death, because it is. Every car or truck could care less if you're there and they aren't looking for you. No phone, music or any other distractions. Ride with your brights/high beams on in the daytime. Perfectly legal in Texas but check your state. Most states have laws for high beams at night not daytime driving. A motorcycle police officer told me this when I was young. Your horn is your friend. Give them a beep and then a wave for not hitting you. Don't piss off the 4 wheelers. That same retired and alive motorcycle officer told me in the 1980's as I walked into his shop in Austin, TX, "Son, where are your gloves and jacket?" (I always wore a helmet), I told him, "The gloves are under the seat and my jacket is at home, it's to hot". He told me and this always stuck with me and I hope it does you, "WHEN YOU NEED THEM, YOU NEVER HAVE TIME TO PUT THEM ON".

Just a few things that helped me stay alive in horrible Austin traffic. Safe riding and enjoy your beautiful blade.

DD
IanDoohan and Andrew_S like this.

Thank a veteran for their service.
They have given life and limb for our country.
The least we can do is shake their hand.
Semper Fi

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page