Possible electrical issues - Page 4 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List
MrPickwick

101Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 293 Old 07-09-2017, 6:21 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Garage
Re: Possible electrical issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigdaddyPaz View Post
to test my fuel pump, do i need to pull it out of the fuel tank?
fuel pump can stay in tank page 5-57
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 293 Old 07-09-2017, 7:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 9

Garage

no clue on the alarm and how its kept a low profile this whole time. i removed it only to start a whole new level of issues. removing it caused me to lose my tail lights and turn signals.

Last edited by BigdaddyPaz; 07-09-2017 at 7:33 PM.
post #48 of 293 Old 07-09-2017, 8:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage

I didnt check the fuel pump, i decided to plug everything back in like normal, i then unplugged the kill switch on the right handle bar and turned the key, the fuse did not blow. now i will check for continuity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 293 Old 07-09-2017, 8:43 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Quote:
well maybe this will help, I found a small black box with the name Scorpio on it, I bought this 929rr used almost 3 years ago, after looking up, " i have a Scorpio in stalled in my motorcycle" it says i have an alarm installed on my motorcycle......... its definitely wired in... so the last owner did not tell me about the alarm.. so thinking out of the box here... could this alarm malfunctioned and caused the "Kill switch" to be activated ??
How do the connections look that were spliced in for the alarm. If they look terrible, then I would also make sure none of them are bad or causing the issue. If they look good and that a professional did them, you have less to worry about.

Like in cars, people pay to get these things installed and never look at the work. So many times the install was a hack job where they just twisted wires together and used some electrical tape to cover up the exposed connections. If that provided a good reliable connection, manufacturers would be using this method instead of those expensive wiring looms and expensive sealed connectors.

Probably the PO didn't say anything because the alarm doesn't work.
post #50 of 293 Old 07-09-2017, 8:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanbrown View Post
How do the connections look that were spliced in for the alarm. If they look terrible, then I would also make sure none of them are bad or causing the issue. If they look good and that a professional did them, you have less to worry about.

Like in cars, people pay to get these things installed and never look at the work. So many times the install was a hack job where they just twisted wires together and used some electrical tape to cover up the exposed connections. If that provided a good reliable connection, manufacturers would be using this method instead of those expensive wiring looms and expensive sealed connectors.

Probably the PO didn't say anything because the alarm doesn't work.

I pretty much removed the alarm. It used to cherp when i would install a battery, it stopped doing that when i had all this electrical issues happen. but now i think the issue is in the start/stop switch, all the previous components are all plugged in except the stop start switch and my fuse did not blow. so now i assume thats my issue.
post #51 of 293 Old 07-10-2017, 1:52 AM
Supporting Member

Garage

Morning matey, glad to see your getting somewhere, have you taken out all the alarm, and have you got display back on the clocks.Bill
post #52 of 293 Old 07-10-2017, 2:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spagiratwink View Post
Morning matey, glad to see your getting somewhere, have you taken out all the alarm, and have you got display back on the clocks.Bill
Good Morning,

i took out all of the alarm. then reconnected teh tail lights to the original plugs. now the tail light and turn signals dont work, but the break light does work.

as far and the stop/run switch, i took it completely apart. i took the actual switch red switch off to see what it would do, i turned teh key and it didnt pop the fuse, i reattached the red switch, i then turned the key and flipped the switch to run, the fuse popped. so did i dint the problem? lol

Still no clock or display
post #53 of 293 Old 07-10-2017, 2:19 AM
Supporting Member

Garage

Quote:
Good Morning,

i took out all of the alarm. then reconnected teh tail lights to the original plugs. now the tail light and turn signals dont work, but the break light does work.

as far and the stop/run switch, i took it completely apart. i took the actual switch red switch off to see what it would do, i turned teh key and it didnt pop the fuse, i reattached the red switch, i then turned the key and flipped the switch to run, the fuse popped. so did i dint the problem? lol

Still no clock or display
Think your on the right lines now , the tail lights and turn signal could be effect of the alarm, I'll have a look at the wiring diagram, is there any code or name on the Scorpio alarm that I could have to find any instructions for
post #54 of 293 Old 07-10-2017, 2:30 AM
Supporting Member

Garage

Has the 10amp fuse blown for the signals and rear light, or is it intact should be third fuse in the box
BigdaddyPaz likes this.
post #55 of 293 Old 07-10-2017, 2:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Think your on the right lines now , the tail lights and turn signal could be effect of the alarm, I'll have a look at the wiring diagram, is there any code or name on the Scorpio alarm that I could have to find any instructions for

I looked for nomenclature on the alarm box. i looked at pictures of Scorpio alarms. it looks like the I900. but i could be wrong, but looks identical as far as all the stuff it comes with. I appreciate all your help. im almost tempted to purchase a new stop start switch, but i dont want to be $75 dollars wrong.
post #56 of 293 Old 07-10-2017, 2:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Has the 10amp fuse blown for the signals and rear light, or is it intact should be third fuse in the box
fuses are good. it did pop a fuse when i tried to switch which bulb connector i used to plug into the tail light. i upgraded last year to integrated LED tail light and signals.
post #57 of 293 Old 07-10-2017, 2:47 AM
Supporting Member

Garage

Hi I would concentrate on the White/black wire on the engine stop switch and the black wire from the engine stop switch to the starter switch, they both connect white/black to the angle sensor and the black wire to the engine stop relay , any shorts along those wires
post #58 of 293 Old 07-10-2017, 2:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Hi I would concentrate on the White/black wire on the engine stop switch and the black wire from the engine stop switch to the starter switch, they both connect white/black to the angle sensor and the black wire to the engine stop relay , any shorts along those wires
SO i went through the stop/start switch, i check for continuity at the connector and i had power at 3 of the 7 wires. i have not checked the ignition switch yet. i will check it now
post #59 of 293 Old 07-10-2017, 3:05 AM
Supporting Member

Garage

Hi, does the alarm look like this, as you can see connecting to indicators and rear light
Attached Thumbnails
Scorpio 1900.PNG‎  
post #60 of 293 Old 07-10-2017, 3:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Hi, does the alarm look like this, as you can see connecting to indicators and rear light
yes, that is the alarm

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page