Dynojet PC V on a 954RR - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 07-08-2017, 6:27 AM Thread Starter
ART

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Dynojet PC V on a 954RR

Has anyone fitted a Dynojet Power Commander V to their 954 FireBlade?
I don't care about the numbers I just want to know about how the bike feels.
I use my Blade as my daily ride as well as on the track and fun rides and at low rpm (below 4,000) it hunts and lurches. Does the PC V sort this out?
Also does anyone know if the Australian model has an O2 sensor which would allow me to use an Autotune as well?
All opinions and experiences are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
20170413_121757.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-08-2017, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

Re: Dynojet PC V on a 954RR

You can't use the bikes O2 even if aussie model has one. It isn't a wideband wich is needed for autotune. You just need to get a bung welded to the midpipe for the autotunes O2 sensor. Power commander doesn't do anything by itself. It is more about the mapping but with good map it will help a lot to the twitchines etc....
fj1200rj and ART like this.
post #3 of 16 Old 07-15-2017, 8:36 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I Have a PC V fitted to my 954 and had a custom map made at the same time, bottom end felt very twitchy (on/off throttle response) horrible to ride in traffic but above 6000 was arm wrenchingly dangerous like two stroke power band , have now downloaded and installed the Dynojet map for Arrow race exhaust and it's like a different bike totally smooth power now from 2000 all the way up. Feels slower from 6000 up but so much more ride able

so yes i would 100% recommend getting a PC V and find a map you like or for a 150 or so have a custom map made
fj1200rj and ART like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 07-18-2017, 4:36 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13

Send a message via Yahoo to kahlilj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ART View Post
Has anyone fitted a Dynojet Power Commander V to their 954 FireBlade?
I don't care about the numbers I just want to know about how the bike feels.
I use my Blade as my daily ride as well as on the track and fun rides and at low rpm (below 4,000) it hunts and lurches. Does the PC V sort this out?
Also does anyone know if the Australian model has an O2 sensor which would allow me to use an Autotune as well?
All opinions and experiences are welcome.
Yes, this guy did. Did you read this thread?
https://www.fireblades.org/forums/hon...air-ducts.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapi69 View Post
I Have a PC V fitted to my 954 and had a custom map made at the same time, bottom end felt very twitchy (on/off throttle response) horrible to ride in traffic but above 6000 was arm wrenchingly dangerous like two stroke power band , have now downloaded and installed the Dynojet map for Arrow race exhaust and it's like a different bike totally smooth power now from 2000 all the way up. Feels slower from 6000 up but so much more ride able

so yes i would 100% recommend getting a PC V and find a map you like or for a 150 or so have a custom map made
See above link, Did you consider getting the Auto Tune feature?
ART likes this.
post #5 of 16 Old 07-18-2017, 5:33 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika_u View Post
You can't use the bikes O2 even if aussie model has one. It isn't a wideband wich is needed for autotune. You just need to get a bung welded to the midpipe for the autotunes O2 sensor. Power commander doesn't do anything by itself. It is more about the mapping but with good map it will help a lot to the twitchines etc....
As @mika_u says ,wideband and positioning, have a look at this
http://wbo2.com/lsu/LsuInstal.pdf
fj1200rj likes this.
post #6 of 16 Old 07-19-2017, 8:31 AM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 122

Garage

I have a PC III USB that was on the bike along with the Dyno-tune when I bought it. It pulls pretty smooth. One of these days I'm going to disconnect it just so I can see how bad this twitchiness you all speak of is! A PC 5 with auto-tune is an upgrade I would like to make. A friend put one on his R1 and is very pleased with it.
BTW, it looks like you have an OEM mid pipe with a bolt on Micron can, the o2 sensor would be on top of the mid pipe. I don't see it, or the wiring, in your pic so I'm guessing you don't have one installed. See if there is a bung there for one, perhaps someone removed it and plugged the pipe.
MrPickwick likes this.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli

Last edited by fj1200rj; 07-19-2017 at 8:56 AM.
post #7 of 16 Old 07-19-2017, 8:48 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj1200rj View Post
I have a PC III USB that was on the bike along with the Dyno-tune when I bought it. It pulls pretty smooth. One of these days I'm going to disconnect it just so I can see how bad this twitchiness you all speak of is! A PC 5 with auto-tune is a upgrade I would like to make. A friend put one on his R1 and is very pleased with it.
Yes as mika_u says the wideband oxygen sensor is more sensitive and with the autotune should make all the difference, as for me my days of "tuning up" are over, even returning my 954 to stock
fj1200rj likes this.
post #8 of 16 Old 07-19-2017, 8:48 AM

Garage

Quote:
Mika, does the Auto-tune o2 sensor fit the OEM bung? Just curious, my mid pipe is aftermarket so I know I will have to have one welded on when the day comes.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life"-Marco Simoncelli
post #9 of 16 Old 07-19-2017, 8:54 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spagiratwink View Post
Yes as mika_u says the wideband oxygen sensor is more sensitive and with the autotune should make all the difference, as for me my days of "tuning up" are over, even returning my 954 to stock
Yea, me too. I'm just looking to take advantage of modern technology, make my 954 the best it can be, LOL .
MrPickwick likes this.

post #10 of 16 Old 07-19-2017, 7:15 PM

No clue since my bike is a standard euro model that hasn't a O2. But it actually doesn't matter since there are adapters to use small sensor in big bung and vice versa. My Akra has the small one from factory and dynos use normally large one so we use the adapter since getting titanium welded isn't that simple here.... I don't even remember what size auto tune uses since i haven't one. But friend of mine has it on his 954 and he liked it....
fj1200rj and MrPickwick like this.
post #11 of 16 Old 07-19-2017, 7:21 PM

When my engine was stock i had a Devil high mount slip-on, smoothened airbox with little bit opened inlets, BMC street airfilter and pc3usb with custom tune and it pulled like a train from idle to limiter. Just need a good tuner...
Attached Thumbnails
20140814_130419.jpg‎  
kahlilj, fj1200rj and MrPickwick like this.
post #12 of 16 Old 07-20-2017, 8:03 AM

Garage

Quote:
No clue since my bike is a standard euro model that hasn't a O2. But it actually doesn't matter since there are adapters to use small sensor in big bung and vice versa. My Akra has the small one from factory and dynos use normally large one so we use the adapter since getting titanium welded isn't that simple here.... I don't even remember what size auto tune uses since i haven't one. But friend of mine has it on his 954 and he liked it....
Good to know, thanks. Small sensor in a big bung, lol, story of my life...

Quote:
When my engine was stock i had a Devil high mount slip-on, smoothened airbox with little bit opened inlets, BMC street airfilter and pc3usb with custom tune and it pulled like a train from idle to limiter. Just need a good tuner...
Very nice, 17 HP seems like a really good increase for a slip on, filter and opening the inlets! I think mine was only 149 HP I believe. The PO gave me the dyno sheet, I have it somewhere. I know different dynos can net different numbers, so I may be comparing apples to oranges. Just out of curiosity, the dates are 2 years apart. Did they save your file and were the runs actually 2 years apart. I'm going to try to find mine for comparison. I'm sure the extra 14-15 HP is 'cause you're at around 62 Deg. Latitude. and I'm at 35 Deg., the air is more dense up there at the Arctic Circle, yeah, that's it!
IanDoohan and MrPickwick like this.

Last edited by fj1200rj; 07-20-2017 at 8:30 AM.
post #13 of 16 Old 07-20-2017, 6:24 PM

Noup. Should have clarified that the blue line is the one i was speaking of... 146hp from engine. The red line is a a cammed hicomp motor with full exhaust.... Same motor thought but 2 years later... It even revs 13250 instead of the stock 12k. But the curve is much better with stock motor...
post #14 of 16 Old 07-20-2017, 7:06 PM

Garage

Quote:
Noup. Should have clarified that the blue line is the one i was speaking of... 146hp from engine. The red line is a a cammed hicomp motor with full exhaust.... Same motor thought but 2 years later... It even revs 13250 instead of the stock 12k. But the curve is much better with stock motor...
Thanks for the clarification, that makes more sense. I posted last night in a very tired state, when I re-read my post I realized that I was thinking about your readings, and had your numbers in my head. Now that I'm awake I realize that mine was no where near 149hp. In fact, I think it was only in the high 120+hp range. I haven't seen it in about 6 years. I just looked at it and stuck it in a pile somewhere and forgot about it. The only thing I remember for sure is that it was a Dynojet. I'm sure the number would have stuck in my head had I been the one who paid for the dyno tune. High 120's to your 146, clearly I need a different tune. Now I'm wondering if mine was a custom tune or just an off the shelf map from Dynojet. Either way, I guess I shouldn't get hung up on the numbers. It pulls smooth and has all the power I need.

Last edited by fj1200rj; 07-20-2017 at 7:29 PM.
post #15 of 16 Old 07-20-2017, 7:47 PM

I actually could beat many of friends with newer 1000cc bikes and even gen1 Busas from standing launch with the stock motor bike. It is very much harder now since it has few hp less down and when i get it going it pulls the front up at 8k with smaller gears... Doing the same thing now only the newer 1000cc bikes did when i rode against them. Money well spend 😂
fj1200rj likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page