I have recently posted to a thread on this topic (LOCATED HERE, on RRZone
) to no replies (bastards!), so I thought I'd try again here.
Apologies to those of you who have seen loads of threads on this. I have as well, but data/info falls short on the small but necessary parts.
In the thread mentioned above, lambchops breaks it down as follows: "You can swap the frontend from a 929 or 954 right over, I used 929 yokes then cbr1000rr 2005 forks within those yokes and it all works great. Advantage with 1000rr forks is you get the radial calipers."
So far, I have acquired all of my parts based on that thread:
* TOP YOLK for 929
* RC51 sp1 front wheel
* CBR 929 lower triple and stem
* CBR 929 front wave rotors
* CBR 1000RR forks (04-07)
* CBR 1000RR fork seal kit
* CBR 1000RR front fender
* R6 Monoblock calipers
* SS brake lines
I'm hoping someone might be able to direct me in terms of bearings, spacers, collars, etc. Needing to clarify the following:
* Which steering stem bearings am I looking for (cbr900 head bearings)?
* Which wheel bearings/collars am I looking for?
* Which axel should I be using (RC51, 929)?
* Anyone do this setup or could guess on spacer/collars machined to center the hub?
* Anyone so this setup or could guess on spacer/collars machined to center rotors in the forks/calipers?
THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ AND ADVISE!!! Attaching a few photos of my last two CBR projects. This USD fork swap will be added, along with a revised subframe design to the one w/ SSSA show in both images.