Helppppp - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

15Likes
  • 3 Post By COBRA90GT
  • 1 Post By Tntryders87
  • 2 Post By unslow1
  • 2 Post By unslow1
  • 3 Post By lanbrown
  • 1 Post By Tntryders87
  • 1 Post By IanDoohan
  • 2 Post By unslow1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 07-21-2017, 4:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Afternoon everybody I'm new to this site actually the first time at were you even having to ask for help on a website but there's a time for everything I guess someone give you a little back history on the 2003 954 I have here at my shop a buddy of mine purchases bike about 6 months ago and it dark a couple hours away conch up fine test Road it ran perfect got it back to another person shop and the guy was begging my buddy to buy it back for really cheap saying that they needed to just part it out that it was something wrong with it keep in mind my buddy doesn't know anything about bikes he just knows how to put gas in them and go the bikes are running messed up the very next day and then next thing you know it just stops cranking up so it's it's over there forever they go through it checking if I light all this good **** the guy who was working on it passed away on his bike so he takes the bike over to his brother's house and they ordered a ECU for some reason and it actually fired up but when I fired up it shot 400 flames and in order for them to get it to start up they had a treated like it was a carbureted bike given as a **** ton of gas and have to keep it started by giving a gas well that was only the time it ran I finally told him bring it to my shop and I would look at it I messed around with a few times I couldn't get it to even try to start so I kind of stopped messing with it cuz he wasn't offering to pay me any money to look at it all that good **** well few months later he's been asking me to trade him my GSXR for the 954 because he need something to ride for work finally a week ago I have done anything I can usually go out like your kickstand sensor clutch sensor tip over sensor all that good **** I've tested everything I've tested a pulse generator it's getting fuel like it should even with me pouring gas directly into throttle bodies it won't fire up it won't even try to even if it's carburetor fuel injection you'll get some kind of firing if you do it that way and this bike won't do it so I'm thinking spark issue right it has brand new spark plugs in it that the guy put in it which are the stupid shity ones at the guy punches I told him not to anyways I pulled the spark plugs out and they're brand new and his bikes only crunk up that one time and they're completely black they look like crap so my thought is is it's not firing like it should the burn all the fuel off of it so I have them all out of the had sitting inside a cold packs and grounded out so I can check Spark Every Spark Plug has very very weak spark except for one has a little more than the others but still seems a little weak I have never had a motorcycle I have not been able to figure out this one has got me aggravated and really confused and yeah I'll check for any messed up wires I've checked pretty much everything that you can think of but I'm sure I could be missing something just like anybody could so be much appreciated if anybody's had this issue before let me know what y'all think or if you think of anything I could probably check or know what the problem is please because I'm at the point where I'm fixing to make a really big YouTube video and take automatic shotgun of this thing and then a blowtorch
Attached Thumbnails
15006652559751508414138_1500665297112.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-21-2017, 5:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 8

Re: Helppppp

Holy run-on sentence Batman ! LOL

That was hard to read, but try replacing the sparkplugs with OEM NGK or Densos that the owner's manual/service manual calls for if that hasn't already been done.

Before that I would check/confirm all of the wire harnesses/connections were properly hooked back up - something as simple as that left unplugged could definitely lead to a "no-start" condition.

Also try testing some of the other usual culprits, some of which you may have already tried: fuses, start/stop kill switch, kickstand sensor, bank angle sensor, etc...

G'luck !
lanbrown, unslow1 and MrPickwick like this.

-'02 Silver/Black CBR 954RR
-'06 Black/Metallic Gray RC-51

-'11 Graphite Black CBR 1000RR
(sold)
-'08 Pearl Orange CBR 600RR (sold)
post #3 of 11 Old 07-21-2017, 5:30 PM Thread Starter

Yeh I am tearing it all apart now and gonna start all over and go from there and yes sorry it was hard to read I hate typing so.i use voice to text and hate asking for help my pride gets in the way lmao thanks for reply
MrPickwick likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 07-21-2017, 5:43 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 59

PUNCTUATION! SPELLING! GRAMMAR!

400 Flames? good night!

Okay, first of all, get a Honda Service Manual. Surely you can "Google" it and find a dowloadable ".pdf" for free. Then read it a lot and apply the contained knowledge.

Next, check ALL wires, connectors, and pins. Repair (as necessary) clean, lubricate, reconnect. Flip to the Electrical and/or Fuel chapter(s) of said manual and perform the Self-Diagnosis Test. Nope. Try again, and this time do it properly and write down the codes. This machine will "tell" you what ails it.

Now, with punctuation, spaces, and proper spelling, post your findings. While you're at it, familiarize yourself with the schematics, and ensure everything is where it's suppose to be.
lanbrown and MrPickwick like this.

non-Honda fleet: EX250JAF, VL1500LC, ZX600-E1, ZX600-E12
"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #5 of 11 Old 07-21-2017, 5:45 PM
Heeza Y Zasch

#goodluckfindingwhatswrongwithitIhadahardenoughtim ereadingyourverytroublesomepost
lanbrown and MrPickwick like this.

"Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
post #6 of 11 Old 07-21-2017, 5:51 PM Thread Starter

And this is why I do not even get on the internet to ask for help I could care less about the spelling like I said it was done by voice to text so blame the Android for That and yes I have the PDF I do have schooling under my belt for motorcycles also apprenticeship at a motorcycle shop and this is just something that's really got me mind ****ed but thanks for your input but like I stated before I've checked all of everything that you just mentioned and I'm going to recheck it now I'm not throwing any more fi codes at all so that doesn't help at all by putting it in dealer mode
post #7 of 11 Old 07-21-2017, 7:24 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Just my $0.02. If you want assistance, then you should make it easy for those that want to help you, help you. If a post is hard to read, confusing or just makes no sense, then many will just ignore it. If someone cannot take the time to make a post readable, why should someone take their time to help?

Here is another good example of how not to ask for help. Post this and then later on ask for assistance and this happens. Notice not a single person decided to help and the thread was just closed now; almost two months later. People are not willing to volunteer their time to be belittled or abused.
post #8 of 11 Old 07-21-2017, 9:36 PM Thread Starter

Here how is this I'll make it short and sweet the bike will not fire up and I have checked and tested everything u can think of and it's getting fuel. Has anyone had a issue like this ?
MrPickwick likes this.
post #9 of 11 Old 07-21-2017, 10:31 PM
President: Team Full Chat

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 102

Garage

What's it got for compression?
MrPickwick likes this.

My 99 900RR Track Build Link:Track Build 900RRX

My Red Rocker 93 Build Link: Café 900RRP
post #10 of 11 Old 07-22-2017, 4:04 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tntryders87 View Post
Here how is this I'll make it short and sweet the bike will not fire up and I have checked and tested everything u can think of and it's getting fuel. Has anyone had a issue like this ?
Hi , just to throw a few more bits of information at you, I believe your a qualified mechanic and I don't want to be patronising , but sometimes it's easy to miss things , so here goes , have you checked the FPR as if faulty can throw a lot of fuel into the cylinder, have you checked out the Black/White wire through its entirety as it connects a lot of the main suspects, also this might be of use to you if you haven't got it. Again apologies if patronising
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Honda Programmable FI - How it works.pdf‎ (1.51 MB, 7 views)
post #11 of 11 Old 07-22-2017, 8:39 AM
Heeza Y Zasch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tntryders87 View Post
And this is why I do not even get on the internet to ask for help I could care less about the spelling like I said it was done by voice to text so blame the Android for That
I'm not "hating" on you... just having a bit of "fun" since it was very difficult to decipher what you posted. I use the analogy of a homeless man with a complicated sign asking for assistance... just tell us what's up and make it simple to help.

Keep a sense of humor, 'cuz you'll never get out of life alive anyway
IanDoohan and MrPickwick like this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page